19 days ago - req11893
FLEX Senior Mechanical Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
As a FLEX Senior Mechanical Engineer at ASML San Diego, you will performa variety of engineering tasks including designing, developing, testing, analyzing, troubleshooting, implementing subassemblies and modules on machine.Creates and evaluates designs to meet requirements of specified applications.Design activities include stress, thermal analysis, GD&T, tolerance stack-ups, mass/volume claims, BoM creation, product testing, and drawing/documentation release.Researches and selects future key suppliers for consideration as turn-key providers of sub-systems.Develop resolutions to critical issues and broad design matters.Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products, or technologies. Coordinates purchasing activities with engineering and manufacturing departments to source critical supply requirements and drive new product development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Driven, hands on Mechanical Engineer, proficient in NX solid modeling and Team Center, to help lead the detailed design of complex mechanical devices, primarily used in the vacuum coating industry.Key to this position is the knowledge and experience to design custom, often one off, complex structures involving precision gas flow, temperature control with high uniformity, and high positional tolerances.
- Requires knowledge/relevant experience in a wide range of thermal and stress analysis, knowledge of materials, fits and tolerances, design, manufacturing and testing of complex industrial devices and sub-assemblies
- Assists withan assigned lightsource sub-system project through direct technicaladvice, schematics/design, approvals, and collaboration with Development Engineeringteam.
- Assists inproviding a broad mechanical engineering design background and performsmechanical engineering analysis (stress, fluids, vibrations, thermal),design for control and distribution of inert and hazardous gases, air andwater handling for thermal management of equipment and enclosures, largeenclosure design, electrical component packaging, mechanical structural mountsand fixtures, design for manufacturability in low volume products, anddesign for configuration management.
- Assists ingenerating module or system concepts to meet product requirements.
- Assists inperforming detailed design and component layout for new or improvedsubsystems.
- Performstolerance analysis at system and subsystem level. Tolerance Stack upAnalysis
- Performanalytical analysis for thermal and structural components and sub-modules.
- Assists in aproject plan including key deliverables, timeline, and budget.
- Works withother Engineers and CAD Designers for prototype and pilot detailed design.
- Supportsdriving full documentation of design including, BOM, drawings, andprocedures.
- Interactsclosely with development engineers, scientists, suppliers, and QA toresolve quality issues.
- Performsother duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of (6) years of relevantexperience.
- Advanced degreepreferred.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of (6) years of relevantexperience.Advanced degreepreferred.
- Experience in designing, fabrication, and testingof mechanical, electro-mechanical and/or opto-mechanical modules, andrelated system interfaces for capital equipment tools.
- Experience in product development andindustrialization.
- Previous experience with lasers and laser systemsdesired.Excellent Englishwritten and verbal communication skills.
- Ability totranslate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problemsthrough written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellentcustomer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customerrelationship building.
- Ability touse MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Previous experience with lasers and laser systems strongly desired.
- Experience with vacuum deposition preferred
- Experience with custom vacuum process and debris control preferred
- Experience with product development desired.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performingthe duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk;talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel,crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to movearound the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move upto 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate intemperature and noise level.The employee mayoccasionally work under manufacturing or laboratory environments, where thenoise level is usually high.
- Must be able to read and interpret data,information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situationsand interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.