10 days ago - req11879
Intern 2020 Electrical Design Engineering @ ASML/Cymer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
As the world’s leading semiconductor lithography machine (the machine that makes computer chips) manufacturer, ASML enables chip manufacturers to make cheaper, faster chips, thereby enabling all the technology you use today. The machines we make require high speed, magnetically levitated stages with sub-nanometer accuracy, robotic mask delivery systems, mechatronic devices to shape and correct the laser illumination source, and optical modules that can detect sub-nanometer alignment errors and pattern distortions. Temperature controlled to milli-kelvins, particulate free, and operating in complete vacuum, the technical challenges are endless. Solving these challenges requires expertise in servo controls, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded software engineering, optics, physics, manufacturing, industrialization, and more. If you like extreme challenges and want to help bring the next generation of technology to the world, then come join ASML.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Internship Goals and Objectives:
- Work in a team environment alongside local experienced engineers.
- Specific tasks will be tailored to match the education / experience level of the intern as well as the interns learning objectives for the summer
- The 2019 project will be part of a product development team focusing on the design and qualification of a new generation of our EUV source.
- The goal of the internship is for you to learn about working in a corporate setting and to provide hands on experience solving real world problems in a team environment.
- Interns will typically be required to document and present their findings as well as making an end of summer presentation to the group about what they achieved during their internship.
- Current active students in Electrical Engineering, undergraduate junior or above (will be considered for this position with a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Possess strong ownership characteristics and commitment to achieving results on time
- Have strong English written and oral communicative skills
- Be willing to be “wrong” at times and be open to the ideas of others
- Be ademonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonalskills
- Havestrong analysis and problem-solving skills and the ability to takeinitiative
- Bedetailed oriented
- Beopen to the ideas of others
- Multiple positions available for Summer 2020
- Relocation assistance and/or housing is not provided for these internships.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE