8 days ago - req11884
Junior Sourcing Lead
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
Logistics & supply chain management
Are you the young professional that gets energy from having strategic negotiations? Are you looking for your next step in high tech procurement? Then this might just be the next move for you!
Within our Strategic Sourcing & Procurement department we would like to welcome an enthusiastic Junior Sourcing Lead. The Junior Sourcing Lead position is challenging and reflects the dynamics of ASML with a high spend responsibility and frequent exposure to Senior Management.
The procurement team is responsible for sourcing, managing supplier relationships and contracting. The team consists of procurement professionals with a can-do mentality, commercial spirit and the ability to build bridges with internal stakeholders and external suppliers. The Junior Sourcing Lead reports to the Category Manager.
The Junior Sourcing Lead is responsible for further strengthening and developing the ASML’s Procurement team and will operate in the supply market of product related goods. He or she acts both independently and as a team member and ensures the setup and realization of tactical and operational goals.
- Manages overall procurement for product related goods and drives for continuous improvements
- Prepares and executesnegotiations forrequired contracts within the assigned category
- Builds and maintains long-term relationships with international suppliers
- Is able to negotiate on various management levels internally and externally
- Uses subject matter expertise and market knowledge to shape the stakeholder demand
- Involves the supplier in early stages of New Product Introduction
- Actively contributes to the efficiency of the category team
- Is willing to travel
Higher vocational education/Master-degree in a relevant area (e.g. Business Economics, Business Administration, Technology Management, Physics, Electrical Engineering)
- You have 3 years of work experience in a professional, complex and international procurement and/or consultancy and/or sales experience
- You have experience in a similar high tech environment (Mechatronics and Electronics area)
- You are a strong negotiator and communicator
- You are a team player with proven ability to successfully manage complex multi-disciplinary projects
- You have excellent commercial skills
- You preferably have procurement experience in a packaging category, but not necessarily
- You preferably have experience with relationship management and stakeholder management
You are an excellent communicator combined with a result driven, hands-on mentality. You are a problem solving team player who creates strong commitment with internal stakeholders and external parties. You are analytical, structured, accurate and able to maintain overview, assess priorities and focus on concrete results.
Context of the position
As a large-scale system integrator, ASML focuses on extensive outsourcing and integration of its supply chain. Approximately 90% of the manufacturing cost price is accounted for by purchased goods. Therefore, high level flexibility must be built into the supplier network. The Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Department creates, maintains and qualifies this global network and is responsible for all suppliers interaction. This enables the execution of the ASML Business Unit plans (Development, Production and Customer Support) and operates according to the principles of Value Sourcing.
Please enclose a strong personal motivation for this position.