19 days ago - req11815
Manager, Immigration and Mobility, USA (CA, AZ)
Other job categories
Other job categories
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories, Other job categories, Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
The International Mobility Office supports assignees and their families during their assignments, supports business travelers with immigration, tax and social security requirements and supports ASML employees in the US with their green card applications and non-immigrant visas.
As a Manager of the International Mobility Office in the USA you will manage a team of specialists in the area of immigration (green cards, work permits, visa, tax assistance coordination) and assignment coordination (expats).
The manager will:
- Ensure that ASML complies with immigration legislation and ensure that US immigration inbound processes run smoothly.
- Seek opportunities to improve processes and enhance customer experience within the global framework.
- Realize frequent contract with the various site in the US to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage relationships with local vendors on e.g. housing, tax, immigration, removal etc. and manage the budgets of these local vendors and follow up quality, costs, deliverables, processes, agreed deadlines etc.
- Propose and implement vendor improvements and saving opportunities.
- Manage RFP’s for new vendors.
- Act as local point of escalation for management, HR line and employees.
- Flag new developments in the area of immigration and social security and make proposals to deal with new developments.
- Manage team of ~5 specialists in immigration, mobility, and business travel.
- Work closely together with the IMO managers in Asia and Europe to ensure one way of working worldwide. Align with HQ on trends, vendor feedback and policy deviations. Propose improvements.
- Act as an Assignment Coordinator for VIP expats
The position reports to the Manager of the International Mobility Office in Veldhoven. The team in the US is mainly based in Chandler. Periodic traveling is required in this position.The preferred locations for this manager are: San Diego, CA / San Jose, CA or Chandler, AZ.
MS or MBA in Business Administration, Human Resources, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in immigration and/or mobility
- Profound experience with US immigration processes in an international organization;
- Experience with managing a team of specialists;
- Experience with expats is preferred.
- Excellent communicator, convincing and strong personality;
- Ability to lead and grow a team;
- Be able to manage a team and speak up;
- Analytical skills in combination with a very pragmatic and result-driven approach;
- Strong organizational sensitivity;
- Ability to balance between global policies and local needs
Context of the position
The sector Human Resource & Organization is responsible for the policy development and implementation of all activities concerning the HR&O domains: Resources, Compensation & Benefits, Organizational Development, Development & Learning and Information and Process Control.
The sector employs about 300 employees, with a larger team in Europe and a strong presence in the US and Asia. The operational activities are organized on a matrix basis, both by region and by business area (Sector).
To remain successful we need to look beyond technology and explore our ways of working, our working environment and our relationship to the outside world. We definitely love our position as a Technology Leader but we also want to be a Leading Employer.