30+ days ago - req11824
Senior Principal Architect Mechatronics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
As a Senior Principal Architect Mechatronics you combine a strong analytical and conceptual mind with a pragmatic attitude. You are able to work independently in a dynamic and complex environment, taking the lead and inspiring your colleagues in going the extra mile. You see the big picture without missing the important details and you have experience with managing complex deliverables. If you are able to play with the different disciplines that come together in these products and enjoying challenging and complex technical puzzles, then this is the job for you!
In this role you define the domain architecture on system level or the architecture of a mechatronics module, including interfaces to other modules. You are responsible for the mechatronics function, including architecture, specification, (contribute to) design, technical budget analysis, critical component selection, integration and verification. Next to this you will conduct feasibility studies and FEM analysis and in adition you will help create concrete actions for the designers.
You will be working in a multidisciplinary project team aimed at architecture and design of a mechatronics module function.
- Lead, coach and help the development of employees within the team;
- Apply your knowledge in the fields of servo control, dynamics, actuators and basic knowledge of the areas software, mechanics,sensors, optics and electronics;
- Support the mechatronics architecture design and trade-offs between mechanical, electronic, software competences;
- Integrate and test the mechatronic modules, including planning and documentation
Technical University masters/PhD in Mechanical engineering / Mechatronics engineering / Technical Physics
- At least 10 years of work experience in a similar role in the high tech industry;
- Experience with design and realization of mechatronics systems;
- Experience in multidisciplinary project work involving mechatronics, optics, electronics and / or software is a pre;
- Fluent in English both written and speaking.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Effective communicator who posesses great influencing and stakeholder management skills;
- Good leadership and decision making skills;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changes;
- Able to see the bigger picture;
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechatronics Systems Development (MSD) is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems and components which are fitted into the end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems and material handling are part of this department’s main competences.
The holder of the position reports to a Senior Manager in one of the groups in the MSD department and is operational within multidisciplinary projects
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.