13 days ago - req11866
Sr Export Controls Manager
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Job MissionTogether with her customers and suppliers ASML is heading towards an interesting and challenging era growing today’s company into and beyond 18bE company.Are you the person that wants to be part this challenge? Are you able to assess business demands against Export Controls regulations?Do you have the ability to understand complex trade issues and do you enjoy translating those into solutions together with the business? Are you the person who is not only an expert in Export Controls legislation, but is also capable to assess related business risks and define controls that can be shared with stakeholders. Why not join us?In your role as Senior Manager Export Controls you are part of a team of Indirect tax, export controls and customs professionals in an international environment and a presence on three continents. Customs and export control compliance are not only essential to enable the supply chain organization to meet the commitments we made to our customers, but compliance is considered to be one of the core values within ASML.
You implement the global Strategy for Export Controls and develop policies to manage adherence and execution of these strategies.
- Export Control Compliance
As senior manager Export Controls you implement policies and guidelines to safeguard compliance with ASML’s Global Export Control Strategy, you manage and drive adherence to this Strategy and its derivative Export Control Policies, in order to assure compliance with Export Control laws and regulations of the jurisdictions to which ASML with its business dealings are subjected to.
- Risk Mitigation Export Controls
You also implement policies to pro-actively manage risk identification for Export Controls and mitigate such risk through knowledge of the business facts in combination with the export control laws and regulations in the jurisdictions ASML operates in, and advice and convince the business to adopt the proposed mitigating measures. You maintain and improve the framework of controls (tax control framework) that ASML uses to manage and mitigate risks.
- Stakeholder Management
Together with the team you ensure open and transparent relationships with licensing and enforcement authorities, on the basis of reciprocity, in the jurisdictions ASML operates in, this includes representing ASML in case of governmental audits. You build open and transparent relationships with external advisors. But you also establish an open and transparent relationship with ASML employees to safeguard cooperation and assistance in the successful implementation of export control related (initiated) projects and advice the Tax Leadership Team, Executive Management and Board of Management on export control risks and controls/measures.
You reach out, collaborate and if necessary advise customers and suppliers on export control topics related to physical shipments but also in relation to intangible exports like technology transfers. You advise internal and external stakeholders on core issues of Export Control operations, including ECCN classification, licensing and controls to ensure compliance.
You also represent ASML externally in interest groups, peer meetings and government bodies. Through direct persuasion or through business interest organizations, you attempt to influence the actions, policies, or decisions of relevant officials, legislators or members of licensing agencies in written or oral communications.
- Bachelor’s degree, JD/LL.B or Master’s preferred.
- Academic background Master’s degree (MSc) or similar working experience with a minimum of 10+ years relevant experience in Export Controls within a multinational, law firm or a consulting company.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with U.S. export regulations is a prerequisite.
- You have experience working in a multidisciplinary environment and in multi-cultural teams
- Strong drive with a hands-on, structured, accurate and result oriented working style
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate and drive others, build relationships and influence other functional areas
- Able to cope with a multicultural, dynamic and changing and complex environment
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate complex business issues into simple problem statements, clear processes and actions
- Good time management skills and able to manage towards tight deadlines
- Show ownership of issues from start to finalization
- Eye for detail
Proven written and verbal communication skills, analytical, perseverance, problem solving, strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Context of the position
- The Senior Manager Export Controls is a senior member of the Export Controls team, reporting into the Tax Leadership Team and is based at the ASML headquarters in Veldhoven.
- The Senior Manager reports to the Head of Export Control who is also based at ASML headquarters in Veldhoven, The Netherlands. The export controls functions have a global role, but will focus on the U.S. topics.
- The job mission of the Senior Manager Export Controls is to execute and ensure export control compliance while pro-actively supporting ASML and its business partners in the various regions.
Internal reference #40860