30+ days ago - req11915
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
ASML is hiring!
We offer you a position in a team that consists of skilled, motivated people that have a passion for technology. At ASML we push capabilities of our technology to the level that is considered to be impossible by external experts. We also have a huge drive to truly understand what’s physically happening on the nanometer scale that we are examining. Though we stay pragmatic as our customers need real solutions, not just theories. Do you see yourself in this picture? Do you like to be challenged with complex problems and deliver solutions starting from scratch? Are you eager to contribute to the mechanical development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech lithography system? Excited to join a multi-disciplinary team in a dynamic and international environment? Perhaps it’s time to advance your career and become a part of progress, and join ASML in the role of Lead Engineer Mechanical Development (Yieldstar).
The packaging coordinator has the responsibility of developing all packaging for one or several module projects. As a packaging specialist he discusses packaging demands within the project and arranges for the requests to be processed from inventory up to final release within a set timeframe. He or she has contacts both within ASML (e.g. module project, logistics, production) and outside (co-developers for packaging development, suppliers of the packaging).
- Sets full set of items to be packed together with the module projects. Discusses all related issues (e.g. handling, logistics).
- Sets full set of requirements for the packaging to be developed.
- Determines the concepts for the packaging. Integrates handling, packaging and logistic elements to ensure the best solution.
- Monitors and evaluates packaging development projects. Focuses on timing, quality and costs for all packaging within his scope.
- Is responsible for all reviews needed to be performed within the packaging development project. These include design reviews, documentation, SAP implementation and design verification (e.g. fit tests).
- Meets with the module project on regular basis and communicates with all involved parties (ASML disciplines, co-developers, suppliers).
Bachelor degree (HBO) or higher in Mechanical / Electrical design or similar level acquired by working experience.
- Practical multiple years experience as packaging specialist in a similar function in a multidisciplinary organization.
- Knowledge of ASML processes.
- Knowledge of ASML industrial packaging.
- High motivated team player with good social- and communication skills.
- Accuracy, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
- Pragmatic attitude.
- Fluent Dutch and English in word and in writing.
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the department Mechanical Development (MDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization and qualification of mechanical functions and modules within these products.
Within MDEV the group Handling Tools & Transport Systems is responsible for the specification, definition, realization and qualification of all handling and transport tools and packaging for ASML machines.
The Packaging Coordinator will report to the TL packaging.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel.
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.