15 days ago - req12019
Customer Support – Competency Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Are you challenged by providing quality solutions for technical disturbances on complex systems? Do you have hands-on experience and good analytical skills, complimented with a technical background? If so, ASML is looking for people like you to join our new value engineering team.
The mission of Competency Engineering is to enable our service engineers in the field, to be successful in supporting our customers. As an expert you will function as the technical interface between Customer Support (CS) Local organizations and ASML Headquarters.
In this role you will be responsible for the completeness and the quality of all knowledge, tools and spare parts that are required to diagnose, repair and recover ASML systems installed in a customer fab.
You combine in-depth knowledge with field experience and the ability to consolidate this into worldwide best practices. Next to your CS field colleagues, you will interface with the Development & Engineering (D&E), Manufacturing and Supply Chain sectors. Your awareness of the environment in which your field service colleagues perform maintenance, enables you to identify and solve gaps in our service mix and to deliver end-user feedback in improvement projects in Veldhoven.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Validate and support roll-out of solutions to the Field;
- Perform analysis of structural issues of the systems at our customers, to identify improvements to design of ASML products;
- Handshake and validate Service Mix of new products and functionalities delivered by D&E to enable independent operation by CS Field organization;
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer;
- Facilitate and maintain a global competency network.
Higher Technical College or (Technical) University (B.Sc./M.Sc.) in Industrial engineering, Production/Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
Required level of experience ranging from starter to intermediate.
- To be flexible but result driven. To enjoy a rapidly changing environment in which constant prioritizationof tasks is key;
- To enjoy working with various stakeholders both worldwide and cross competencies;
- Analytical skills;
- To have a passion for learning and sharing knowledge;
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment;
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English;
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
Context of the position
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. CS Central takes care that effective support of the customer by local offices is possible by providing knowledge, technical support and process support to the field offices.
What we offer:
- A young and ambitious environment where personal development stands central;
- Large degree of freedom and independence within your job;
- Large responsibility in the projects and teams in which you will be involved;
- International working environment, both within Veldhoven and worldwide at our local offices.