30+ days ago - req12012
Mechanical Architect, Manufacturing and Service Tooling
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation? If so, then a job of Mechanical Architect in Mechanics at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Take ownership for the specification, design and qualification of precision (opto-)mechanical tools enabling manufacturing, qualification and field service of ASML modules. The mechanical architect reports to the group leader Manufacturing and Service Tooling and is operational within (multidisciplinary) projects.
As a mechanical architect you are responsible for realization of precision (opto-)mechanical tooling, ensuring to meet the specifications in terms of safety, reliability, stability, contamination, cost effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability. You continuously improve the quality of the mechanical architecture and interface cross project with lead engineers, other architects and system engineers.
- Set-up specifications wrt tooling for functional requirements in the area of manufacturing and service.
- Create and validate new concepts; make sure there is consensus with stakeholders.
- Comply to precision mechanical construction principles and competence standards.
- Define qualification tests, verifying the tooling performance compared to the specifications.
- Contribute to ASML systems roadmaps.
- Master or PhD degree in Mechanical engineering.
- A degree in Mechatronics or Opto-Mechanics is a preference.
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience.
- Track record of applying precision mechanical construction principles and generating new designs and technical concepts, in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Excellent knowledge in the field of manufacturability of mechanical parts and of designing on stiffness.
- Skilled in technical, correct and effective communication with suppliers.
- Experienced in 3D CAD modeling (preferable UG/NX).
- Experienced in evaluating FEM / mechanical analysis results.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Technical leadership: sets out direction for technical project teams.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of tooling design.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Helicopter view (zoom in – zoom out).
- Eager to drive own development.
- Fluent in English, eager to learn Dutch (if applicable).
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. As a part of the department Mechanical Engineering the group Manufacturing and Service Tooling is responsible for the specification, engineering and qualification of tooling that is required for manufacturing and servicing of ASML modules (enabling e.g. precision adjustments, qualification, etc.)
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel.
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.