26 days ago - req12018
Mechanical Design Engineer - Linear Magnetic Drives – Voice Coil Actuators
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical design expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering discipline? If so, then the job of Mechanical Design Engineer Linear Magnetic Drives – VoiceCoil Actuators at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of the ASML products. In this sector, departments such as Mechatronics, Mechanics & Electronics and Immersion & Vacuum Systems specify, design, and qualify the various modules of the ASML products. Each department consists of discipline and function oriented groups where emphasis lies on particular competence or functions in ASML equipment.
To contribute to the development of high tech products by designing, creating and testing sub-systems within the restrictions imposed by system specifications, costs and planning considerations
- Working on the design of VoiceCoil actuators and Linear Magnetic Drives, creating designs with a small team of mechanical experts in project setting. Continuously improving quality of actuator designs.
- Is responsible for the design and implementation of actuators (linear actuators / voice coil / magnet yokes / cooling), working together with the architect, lead engineer, team lead and (jr) designers, to enable reliable, stable, safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture/service systems.
- Specifies and designs the precision parts for different actuators.
- Has knowledge of manufacturing processes of VoiceCoil actuators and linear magnetic drives.
- Is concerned with the application of precision mechanical construction principles.
- Realizes the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of various tests.
- Designs and realizes test equipment and appliances and is responsible for ensuring that prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
- Is responsible for the technical product documentation.
Master or experienced Bachelor in mechanical engineering.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in design in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment.
- Expert knowledge of precision engineering, and specialist on one or more of the mentioned sub-domains (Magnets, coils, actuator design, electrical discharge, thermal behavior, production techniques) outlined above.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of precision parts/(sub)modules.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Eager to drive his own development.
Context of the position
- Contribution to the development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech measurement system.
- Challenge to meet performance specifications, quality aspects, time considerations and cost.
- Come in touch with every engineering process step.
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams.
- International opportunities.
- Individual performance & talent management.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your (design) portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.