21 days ago - req12121
Customer Support Competency Engineer
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
The mission of Competency Engineering is to enable our field service engineers to be successful in supporting our customers. As an expert in your subsystem you will function as the technical interface between CS Local organizations and ASML Headquarters.
In this role you will be responsible for the completeness and the quality of all knowledge, tools and spare parts (Service Mix) that are required to diagnose, repair and recover ASML systems installed in a customer fab. You combine in-depth subsystem knowledge with field experience and the ability to consolidate this into worldwide best practices. Next to your CS field colleagues, you will interface with Development & Engineering (D&E), Manufacturing, System Engineering, Product Management and Supply Chain sectors.
Your awareness of the environment in which your CS field colleagues perform maintenance, enables you to identify gaps in the existing service mix and system design. You will either solve these gaps yourself (for example procedure updates) or work with other sectors to get these gaps solved (for example design changes).
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In the ASML product life cycle you will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform analysis of structural issues of the systems at our customers
- Evaluate new product designs for serviceability, quality, and reliability
- Identify structural improvements to the design of ASML products and estimate their impact on CS operation
- Identify structural improvements to the Service Mix and implement them globally in CS
- Validate Service Mix that is supplied with new products and functionalities by Development & Engineering while safeguarding the needs for CS Fab Teams to be able to execute maintenance independently of external support
- Create and maintain service processes and procedures
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers through documentation, training and Knowledge Transfers
- Facilitate and maintain a global competence network
Sets priorities based on an understanding of the (internal) customer’s business within one’s competency
- Provides feedback to D&E during e.g. 4 o'clock, FMEA, CDR, PDR, EPS reviews in early development phase of the project generation process covering service requirements for Mean Time to Repair and Labor Hour service actions
- Drives cross sector implementation for (potential) structural field escalations for main modules
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BS degree in Technology, Engineering andPhysics is required
- Minimumof 2 years of experience is required on complex systems
- Willing to travel up to 15% to the field
- Strongcompetence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages usedto accomplish the job
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills
- Significant strengths in one or more of thefollowing are considered a plus: electronics; control systems; hardware;lasers; optical components and metrology; or vacuum systems
- Ability touse MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and electronic e-mail systems
- Requires the ability to read and interpretengineering specifications, maintenance manuals and other pertinentengineering documents
- Ability totranslate (internal) customer requirements into product capabilities andoptions within a competency e.g. (imaging / overlay / productivity /metrology)
- Ability to workindependently, Requires theability to utilize standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes,multimeters, signal generators and power meters
- Experiencewithin the Semiconductor marketplace or a similar field of technology aplus
- Must be able to work in a complex, fast paced, highly dynamic and flexible environment, mostly team based and collaborative
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performingthe duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk;talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel,crouch, twist, reach, and stretch
The employee is occasionally required to movearound the campus
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move upto 20 pounds
May require travel dependent on business needs
Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,and ability to adjust focus
Can work under deadlines
The environment generally is moderate intemperature and noise level
Must be able to read and interpret data,information, and documents
Can observe and respond to people and situationsand interact with others encountered in the course of work
Can learn and apply new information or skills