18 days ago - req12120
IT Enterprise Application Business Analyst
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
The selected IT Enterprise Application Business Analyst candidate will be part of the US IT Applications team and will be responsible for the day-to-day internal customer support as well as the design and testing of modifications or enhancements to multiple mission critical systems.
- Supports and maintains mission critical applications within agreed-upon SLAs.
- Performs troubleshooting of incident and problem management for specified systems with 24x7 operational business expectations
- Collaborates with colleagues and external service providers effectively within a geographically disperse IT support organization.
- Analyzes, specifies and implements system enhancements and improvements in partnership with business SMEs and other IT team members.
- Investigates business process requirements and specifies appropriate solutions.
- Supports business reporting requirements determining appropriate solutions and developing specifications in conjunction with the business.
- Collaborates with business key users to maintain demand backlog and prioritization of business requests.
- Assists new business users in understanding specific system capabilities and developing of requirements.
- Determines testing and validation procedures and scripts for confirming system functionality to business specification
- Maintains and implements appropriate security measures to protect critical business data assets.
- Creates and maintains requirements specifications, support procedures andservice desk knowledge articles.
- Contributes to projects and provide guidance/training to IT colleagues and business users in your areas of technical expertise.
- Keeps current on new technologies and methodologies to maintain current skills by reading literature, attending conferences and seminars, taking classes, and participating in technical societies, as appropriate.
- Complies with all corporate and department policies, processes and controls.
- Supports internal and external IT audit activities as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree related to Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- 5+ years of working experience in enterprise-level IT organizations with mature service operations practices and processes (change control, test-driven methodologies, project/task management, continuous improvement, etc.)
- 3+ years of proven experience in major enterprise application platform such as enterprise resource planning, manufacturing execution or product lifecycle management.· Specific experience with SAP (preferred) or Oracle products required
- Proven knowledge of SQL query language. General understanding of code development practices and a structure programming language.
- Proven knowledge of enterprise Information Technology concepts and processes (i.e. ITIL, COBIT, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with IT organizations with global and regional delivery and support models
- Able to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proven documentation capacity
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous and conflicting priorities and projects.
- Ability to work directly with vendors, contractors and external service providers
- Ability to work independently and with minimal management supervision.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills to effectively participate in project meetings, discussions and issue resolution.
- Must be skilled user of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio).
- Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality of information and demonstrate ethical behavior.
Effective communication, analytical, perseverance, problem solving, and team oriented
Context of the position
Propose, support and partner with business groups on projects improving organizational efficiency through improved quality, reduced errors and design through process enhancements and effective improvements.
Internal reference #40860