30+ days ago - req12237
Actuation Design Engineer Mechatronics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechatronics Systems Development is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems, functions and components which are fitted into the end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems and material handling are part of this.
You will contribute to the design of the mechatronics architecture or function of a module. Together with the mechanical, electrical and software departments mechatronic modules are being developed and improved. During these developments performance requirements have to be balanced with costs, manufacturability and serviceability. Your job embodies specification, design, technical budget analysis, critical component selection, integration, test planning, test execution and trouble shooting.
You will be working in multidisciplinary project teams, aimed at realizing the actuation function in ASML’s systems. Your tasks will be:
- Modeling and simulation of actuators, and/or actuator systems, delivering multiple degrees of freedom;
- Modeling effects of electromagnetic crosstalk;
- Specifying solutions towards mono-disciplinary departments;
- Defining the technical approach for integration and test execution of actuator systems and components;
- Documentation of specifications, design, and test results;
- Building up and maintaining specialist knowledge on actuation and basic knowledge in the fields of servo control, signal analysis, testing, software, mechanics, optics, electronics, sensors and dynamics;
Technical University Masters or PhD in Mechatronics/Mechanical engineering/Electrical engineering/Technical Physics.
- Theoretical and/or practical experience with electromagnetic actuator design;
- Experience with finite-element analysis tools, preferably in the field of electromagnetics;
- Affinity with control engineering, power electronics, and mechanical development of high precision products;
- Affinity with manufacturing processes (coil winding, magnet assembly, laser welding);
- Skilled in Matlab.
- Team player.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Ability to balance the needs of stakeholders regarding conflicting system performance specifications.
- Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English.
Context of the position
The holder of the position reports to the group leader of a group within the MSD department and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.