13 days ago - req12248
Architect Wafer Alignment Research
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mathematics, Mechanical engineering
Metrology orchestrates the behavior of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. It’s basically the brain of ASML lithography systems. To make sure our customer can keep printing smaller and smaller features on chips using our machines, we need people who can help us create next-generation metrology products.
The goal of the position is to be the knowledge carrier and connector of different cross-sectoral and intercontinental teams. Making connections and relations i.r.t. projects and deliverables across multidisciplinary teams is key to succeed in this role.
As an Architect in the Wafer Alignment Research project you identify and evaluate future wafer alignment solutions. You drive concepts to potential products that can be transferred to implementation teams. You define the research scope in close cooperation with the wafer alignment function architect and system engineering.You identify technical risk, breakdown work to be done in the team and give technical direction to your team members.
Regardless which of the below background you bring, it's of utmost importance to have affinity with physics.
MSc. or PhD. In Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics.
- Minimal of 7 years relevant working experience.
- Industry experience in lithography.
- Preferable experience with overlay.
- Proven competent in building and maintaining professional networks.
- You push capabilities of our technology to the level.
- You have a drive to truly understand what’s physically happening.
- You look for opportunities and threats and take initiative.
- You stay pragmatic as in the end our customers need real solutions, not just theories.
- You provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professionals.
Context of the position
You work in a cross continental team of 8 other specialists with highly skilled engineers from different functional clusters and business lines (Wilton, Brion, Veldhoven). We approach wafer alignment as an holistic function that includes the alignment sensor, wafer alignment metrology and alignment applications.