30+ days ago - req12202
Customer Support - Competency Engineer
In a nutshell
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering
The goal of Customer Support (CS) High Volume Manufacturing (HVM) Engineering is to ensure that a Field Service Engineer in the customer fab can do his/her work as prepared as possible, with as minimum disturbances as possible and to continuously improve on this.
You make sure that the CS Field organization is prepared for their job by reviewing and maintaining solutions on field readiness, maintaining the quality and completeness of the Service Mix (work instructions, parts and tools) and sharing knowledge. You are the technical interface between the CS Field organization and the different sectors at ASML Headquarters in Veldhoven, like Development & Engineering (D&E), Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing.
You use your understanding of the way-of-working in the field, your technical knowledge and your communication skills to drive for efficient solutions which are needed to reach the operational targets of our installed base. Engineers in the field recognize you as the technical expert who they can contact for questions and follow-up of structural issues.
Your engineering skills enable you to do an in-depth analysis of structural issues, identify possible improvements and quantify the impact on operational targets to help set the right priorities on what to solve and what not. You support our CS HVM Engineering Architect Interface team to set the direction for the most efficient solution and steer technical discussions with solution providers (for example D&E).
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Validate and support roll-out of solutions to the Field, including knowledge transfer;
- Handshake and validate Service Mix of new products and functionalities delivered by D&E to enable independent operation by CS Field organization;
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS Field engineers in the form of documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer presentations;
- Facilitate and maintain a global competency network.
Support the Architect Interface team with:
- In-depth analysis of structural issues from installed base of machines at customers;
- Quantification of the impact of structural issues on the operational targets;
- Definition of solutions for the Field organization on a technical level.
Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or other relevant technical study.
- Required level of experience ranging from starter to experienced;
- Relevant experience with stakeholder management;
- Experience with time to market products;
- Strong affinity with Hardware.
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative;
- Analytical skills;
- Flexible but result driven and multi-tasking;
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment;
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English.
Context of the position
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. We take care that effective support of the customer by local offices is possible by providing knowledge, technical support and process support to the field offices.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time;
- Please send us a personalized motivation letter why you want to join our Customer Support department and the Competency Engineer role in particular.