30+ days ago - req12217
Principle Engineer System Tolerances
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
ASML is hiring!
This position is available because we aim to strengthen our Mechanical Layout & Imaging department.
Do you want to be part of further improving the extreme high accuracies in our machine? Do you want to make conceptual choices on system level? Do you want to have the big picture and be pragmatic at the same time: improve the machine performance, but also make things simpler and more robust? Do you like working with many people on various levels and several technical disciplines?
Then this job position might be the right next step in your career!
Our machines consist of many modules, which need to be accurately positioned with respect toeach other.
- Take ownership on system level so that our machine can meet its performance and robustness requirement;
- Secure that sensors are positioned accurately with respect to each other, such that the machine metrology can meet its final performance (like overlay, focus etc.);
- Secure that our machine can be accurately built together in robust way. Prevent integration and alignment issues, due to too large variances in modules;
- Minimize (or better: eliminate) realignments after service actions.
- Be creative, find smart alignment concepts and solutions;
- Collaborate with system engineering & architects to find solutions;
- Prevent time loss (in our factory/ at customers) due to mechanical tolerance issues by generation of robust adjustment concepts and widely supported tolerance budgets;
- Take ownership on all system level tolerance chains (identify, analyze, specify);
- Validate achieved performance and robustness in reality;
- Collect and analyze data.
Masterxs or PhD; preferably in mechanics, mechatronics or optics (with mechanical experience).
At least 5 year experience on Mechanical System Layout in the development of complex systems;
Capability to convince stakeholders to change system architecture to enhance tolerance stacks and alignment - such as functionality / module hardware;
Experience in defining and maintaining system tolerance budgets with multiple parties involved;
Making mechanical tolerance calculations and doing statistical analysis;
Practical experience aligning and building together complex modules;
Preferably experience on metrology;
Preferably at least 2 year experience on ASML technology/machines.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude;
- Good communication skills, easily communicates with other disciplines;
- Sharp and assertive;
- Easily challenges colleagues;
- Strong quality drive.
Context of the position
You will be part of mechanical architecture project team. This team acts on system engineering level, and is responsible for the total mechanical architecture of the machine. You report to the responsible Function Owner and Group manager.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.