12 days ago - req12217
Principle Engineer System Tolerances
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Do you want to be part of further improving the extreme high accuracies in our machine? Do you want to make conceptual choices on system level? Do you want to be smart and pragmatic at the same time: improve the machine performance, but also make things simpler and more robust? Do you like working with many people on various levels and several technical disciplines.
Then this vacancy might be something for you!
Our machines consist of many modules, which need to be accurately positioned with respect toeach other.
- Take ownership on system level that our machine can meet its performance and robustness requirement;
- Secure that sensors are positioned accurately with respect to each other, such that the machine metrology can meet its final performance (like overlay, focus etc.);
- Secure that our machine can be accurately built together in robust way. Prevent integration and alignment issues, due to too large variances in modules;
- Minimize (or better: eliminate) realignments after service actions.
- Be creative, find smart alignment concepts and solutions;
- Collaborate with system engineering & architects to find solutions;
- Prevent time loss (in our factory/ at customers) due to mechanical tolerance issues by generation of robust adjustment concepts and widely supported tolerance budgets;
- Take ownership on all system level tolerance chains (identify, analyze, specify);
- Validate achieved performance and robustness in reality;
- Collect and analyze data.
Masters or PhD. Preferably in mechanics, mechatronics or optics (with mechanical experience).
- At least 2 year experience on ASML technology/machines;
- Making mechanical tolerance calculations and doing statistical analysis;
- Practical experience aligning and building together complex modules;
- Preferably experience on metrology.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude;
- Good communication skills, easily communicates with other disciplines;
- Sharp and assertive;
- Easily challenges colleagues;
- Strong quality drive.
Context of the position
You will be part of mechanical architecture project team. This team acts on system engineering level, and is responsible for the total mechanical architecture of the machine. You report to the responsible Function Owner and Group manager.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your (design) portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.