22 days ago - req12299
Source Field Integration Engineer
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
ASML an ASML Company is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. Through innovation, ASML is an integral part of today’s technology landscape and is leading the light Generation.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The Source Field Integration Engineer is responsible for first time installation of the EUV light source into the scanner at a customer site.The Source Field Install team will support the mechanical installation of the source and scanner, and then lead the Qualification of the Source and then begin the System Qualification. The Source Field Integration Engineer is the technical owner of the Plasma Qualification functional area, assists in validating the plasma qualification sequence and procedures as well as participating in writing and maintaining system level trouble shooting guides.The Source Field integration engineer is expected to be a solid system user that executes hands on system and subsystem installation, service and optimization. Troubleshoots either to resolve issues directly or through referring advanced issues to technical support resources.Acts as a customer service advocate, instructing customers support engineers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Performs a variety of engineering work including testing, analyzing, troubleshooting, and implementing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes test data to assess performance capabilities and assist in the documentation of procedures and the validation of system, operations and service.
- Assists in performing a wide variety of electrical and mechanical test processes.
- Assists in defining test requirements based upon design documents.
- Assists other test engineers for best common solutions.
- Produces clear, concise documentation in defined ASML formats.
- Assists in troubleshooting and isolating problems in field service equipment and on the product.
- Uses sophisticated computer programs and diagnostic equipment to test laser performance according to descriptive instructions.
- Assists in performing optical alignment of laser systems or external diagnostic equipment based upon general instructions.
- May be assigned to a special project, such as system upgrades, working under descriptive instructions.
- Responsible for customer site safe operation.
- Assists in collecting data, analyzes it, summarizes results, and prepares presentation of results for review.
- Participates in acceptance testing the design.
- Assists in qualifying product for shipment.
- Assist creation of description instructions for system service activities including complex upgrades.
- Assists in analyzing, diagnosing, and troubleshooting ASML equipment problems via telephone or at customer site.
- Assists in performing installation, repair, retrofits, upgrades and preventive maintenance on ASML equipment installed at customer sites.
- Ensures that parts/tools required are identified and need date is communicated as specified for service requirements.
- Travels as required for the purposes of performing install activities at customer sites or backfilling for other ASML Field Service Engineers.
- Completes service, expense reports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with ASML’s procedures and with supervisor’s approval.
- Uses company technical documentation and provides feedback for improvement and assists in creating technical service documentation.
- Interacts with cross-functional groups (engineers and scientists, worldwide customer support personnel, manufacturing personnel, upper management, marketing, external customers). Crosses functional boundaries and builds constructive and effective relationships throughout the whole organization.
- Assists in acquiring test data according to a loosely defined test protocol.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Excellent English communication skills – written and oral.
- Performs data collection, statistical analysis, and report summarization. Effectively reports problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Great customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CAD Drawing (ORCAD, AUTOCAD, and/or Visio), and electronic e-mail systems.
- Knowledge in optics, laser-induced plasma, optical metrology, and/or controls of such devices strongly preferred.
- Knowledge in vacuum systems is a plus.
- Ability to calculate voltage drops, tolerance stack up, acceptance criteria, fusing, cable and connector requirements.
- Ability to apply algebra, geometry, and statistics skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Requires the ability to utilize standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators and power meters with no direction.
- Requires the ability to use optical measurement devices such as spectrometers, spectrophotometers, imaging setups, and the etc. on a routine basis.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches.
- Ability to use routine software applications such as MS Word and MS Excel to produce reports and graphs is required.
- Ability to use Data acquisition & processing software such as Labview or Matlab.
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions.
- Ability to write notes in a laboratory journal listing daily activities and write weekly report summarizing accomplishments.
- Possesses good oral presentation skills and be able to effectively present results in a team meeting.
- Plan activities and execute to schedules established by program.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60% as needed, both domestic and international.
- Valid passport.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is frequently required to move around the campus.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- Travel to overseas and domestic customer sites for > 60% of time.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to climb or balance.
- Must be able to use breathing apparatus.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment while wearing the following: hood, coveralls, safety shoes/boots, mask, safety glasses, hardhat/bump cap, gloves.
- Schedule will vary considerably to include evenings/nights and weekends as well as long hours based on business needs.
- Will be assigned a compressed or alternate work schedule to meet customer needs.
- May be assigned an “on call” type work schedule and may be required to travel internationally/domestically with little or no advance notice.