11 days ago - req12264
Wafer Stage Control Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Do you want to get aboard and control our Wafer Stage to move as fast as possible at nanometer accuracy? The D&E Wafer Stage Control Design Engineer is in the driver seat and uses his mechatronic knowledge with focus on his control expertise to get there.
You will contribute to the design of the Wafer Stage Control architecture and become responsible for Servo Control compensation and/or total performance of one of the modules in the Wafer Stage. Your job embodies specification, design, technical budget analysis, critical component selection, integration & test planning and test execution, with the emphasis on servo control performance, signal analysis, functional integration and troubleshoot.
The Wafer Stage Control Design Engineer will:
- Work in multidisciplinary project teams, aimed at design of the Wafer Stage.
- Build and maintain specialist knowledge in the fields of Servo Control / Motion Control, signal analysis and testing and basic knowledge of the areas software, mechanics, electronics, actuators, sensors and dynamics.
- Modeling and optimizing of sequences, functional and dynamic servo control loop behavior.
- Support of the wafer stage architectural design and trade-offs between mechanical, electronic, software competencies.
- Integration and test of the wafer stage: planning and execution.
- Documentation of specifications, design, and test results.
Technical University Masters / PhD in Control Engineering ( Mechanical / Electrical / Aerospace engineering).
- Experience with modeling of servo control systems
- A solid basis in mechanics with good feeling for mechatronics, electronics and software and measurement systems is required.
- Experience in multidisciplinary project work involving mechatronics, optics, electronics and software is a pre.
- Team player.
- Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Skilled in Matlab and Matlab Simulink.
Context of the position
The holder of the position reports to the group leader of the Wafer Stage Control group in the Mechatronics Systems Development (MSD) department. The MSD department is part of the sector Development & Engineering that is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The MSD department is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems and components which are fitted into the end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems and material handling are part of this department’s main competences.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.