9 days ago - req12364
Competency Engineer DUV – Architect Interface Flow and Temperature
In a nutshell
The goal of Customer Support High Volume Manufacturing (CS HVM) Engineering is to ensure that a Field Service Engineer in the customer fab can do his/her work as prepared as possible, with as minimum disturbances as possible and to continuously improve on this.
You are the technical interface for the Flow and Temperature (F&T) competences between the CS Field organization and the different sectors at ASML Headquarters in Veldhoven, like Development & Engineering (D&E), Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing. You use your understanding of the way-of-working in the field, your technical knowledge and your communication skills to drive for efficient solutions which are needed to reach the operational targets of our installed base.
Engineers in the field recognize you as the technical expert who they can contact for questions and follow-up of structural issues. You make sure that the CS Field organization is prepared for their job by helping maintaining the quality and completeness of the Service Mix (work instructions, parts and tools) and sharing knowledge.
Your engineering skills enable you to do an in-depth analysis of structural issues, identify possible improvements and quantify the impact on operational targets to help set the right priorities on what to solve and what not. You set the direction for the most efficient solution and steer technical discussions with solution providers (for example D&E). If needed you support technical communication towards different levels of management and customers.
- Main tasks and responsibilities:
Build & maintain technical expertise for F&T competence
- Perform in-depth analysis of structural issues from installed base of machines at customers
- Quantify the impact of structural issues on the operational targets
- Define and steer direction of efficient solutions for the Field organization on a technical level
- Validate and support roll-out of solutions to the Field, including knowledge transfer
- Handshake and validate Service Mix of new products and functionalities delivered by D&E to enable independent operation by CS Field organization
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and knowledge transfer presentations
- Facilitate and maintain a global competency network
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or relevant.
Master's degree with 0-5 years of experience, or Bachelor's with 3-5 years of experience;
ASML experience and knowledge in F&T area is preferred
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative
- Analytical skills
- Helicopter view
- Flexible but result driven
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
Context of the position
Competency Engineering (CE) is part of the CS HVM Engineering department focusing on (technical) service engineering. This vacancy is within the Optics & Metro cluster and as part of the Architect Interface team the Competency Engineer reports to the group lead of this team.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. CS Central takes care that effective support of the customer by local offices is possible by providing knowledge, technical support and process support to the field offices.
Please include CV and motivation letter for this role.