6 days ago - req12337
Design Engineer Tooling
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Computer science & software engineering
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of Manufacturing & Service Tooling-systems.
Do you have knowledge in tool controls development. Do you see the big picture without missing the important details and are you capable to translate user requirement specifications into tool controls and software development? Then we want to get in touch with you.
- As a software design engineer you will contribute in developing / supporting complex tooling.
- You will deliver/develop sensor and actuators control software, using LabVIEW.
- The goal is to build software for tooling in collaboration with other disciplines in a project team. Occasionally you can be asked to assist field service support to resolve issues at customer site.
- Contributes in complex tool control system development and issue solving activities.
- Participate in D&E projects starting from early Product Generation Process phases to secure concurrent tool controls development.
- Translate user requirement specifications into designs, tested and released control software.
- Execute plan, clear communication on status and results
- Innovate and keep up with relevant developments in own specialist field and secure competence
- Develop and maintain own network and exchange knowledge with other professionals.
Bachelor or Masters (or equivalent in working experience) in technical science, preferable Mechatronics, Electronics, Software, Physics, Mechanics.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of precision engineering, dynamics, mechatronics, actuation, vision controls.
- Strong emphasis problem solving and effective communication.
- Preferably: LabVIEW, MATLAB, Team Center, SAP
- Agile (Scrum) way of working.
- Excellent social and communication skills in English.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively throughout different levels within the organization. Strong negotiation skills for interacting with other sectors and supplier.
- Team player, but can work independently.
- Analytical, abstract thinking, proactive.
- Sharing knowledge and stress tolerant.
- Service oriented and a drive for continuous improvement.
Context of the position
The holder of this position reports to the group leader Manufacturing & Service Tooling and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your (design) portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.