30+ days ago - req12347
Handling and Transport Architect
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Within ASML, the Handling & Transport (H&T) department is responsible for providing safe & efficient H&T solutions for all ASML products and related goods over their full life cycle. If you enjoy having a broad scope as an architect, and if you have a strong drive in improving H&T solutions for our systems, then this function might fit you perfectly.
Find the optimal H&T solutions for all ASML products and related goods. Challenge specs of modules which are being developed in terms of handling and transportability and work, with a team of designers, to create efficient H&T solutions for these modules.
- Definition of tools and packaging for safe, reliable, efficient and cost-effective transport and installation of ASML systems, modules and spare parts.
FAT/SAT (Factory Acceptance Test to Site Acceptance Test) sequence:
- Be able to make inventory of handling flow from supplier to ASML, ASML internal and ASML to customer. This includes definition of critical bottlenecks, and come up with practical solutions.
- Prepare and chair design reviews (of layout concepts)
- Translate abstract system specs from system design specification documents (H&T, Costs of ownership, Cycle time,…) into H&T deliverables (tools, packaging,..) and concepts.
- Review of H&T deliverables & H&T related system specifications.
- Perform leading role in interdepartmental H&T issues.
Bachelor or Master degree in a Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in the development of large/complex machines/frames.
- Preferred technical knowledge of shipments (road, air) of complex machines.
- Experience in managing layout of complex designs.
- Be able to lay-out volume control (swap paths, service area,…) with CAD (UG).
- Set up and manage system requirements.
- Mechanics skills: focus on static forces/strength/stiffness.
- Helicopter view. Easily can determine priorities and main risks.
- Highly pro-active. Thinks ahead, creates vision and manages the stakeholders.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Attitude to challenge others (get all risks and collateral damage on the table).
- Strong in convincing others.
- Be a ‘terrier-go getter’.
Context of the position
You will be part of the Handling & Transport (H&T) department which is responsible for providing safe & efficient H&T solutions for all ASML products and related goods over their full life cycle. The Handling & Transport Architect reports to the Group Lead H&T and will cooperate with multiple stakeholders within the organization.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel.
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.