30+ days ago - req12343
IT Solution Architect
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Job MissionAs ASML continues it’s growth evolution in a rapidly evolving technology environment, the IT Solution Architecture process is a key fundamental within the IT Operations & Infrastructure team that ensures tech solutions development are executed effectively and within scope to solve business challenges through transformation of processes and systems.
The IT Solution Architect will be the liaison introducing the technical vision for each business solution. The IT Solution Architect role also:
- Supports the network operations and systems design for the information technology infrastructure.
- Performs IT functions such as designs, analyzes, evaluates, and implements operational infrastructure, applications and cloud based systems.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance, quality, stability and reliability.
- Troubleshoots / Supports platform issues and coordinates with vendors and/or external service providers for installation of such items as servers, storage, routers, and switches.
- Works on project implementations, provides training, and assists with proposal writing.
- Conducts project planning, cost analysis, and vendor comparisons.
- Approves action requests and specifies purchase requirements.
- Negotiates and places orders with common carriers and/or providers.
- Provides general systems administration to the network, telecom, servers, O/S (Windows and Linux), VM and storage environments.
- Performs operating system administration for systems local or remote, which includes installation, software patch, system security, data backup, storage management, VM, and problem analysis activities.
- Recommends and/or participates in system architecture, security, and design, including, but not limited to, hardware, software, network, and vendor analysis.Prepares recommendations in the form of a written report or a presentation to a customer, peer, or management group.
- Responsible for system build activities such as procurement, installation, provisioning, and networking tasks.
- Performs OS administration, project builds/configurations, system builds, troubleshooting, platform architecture/design, general system administration (user), and system inventories.
- Implements tasks associated with project plans and architecture designs.
- Provides project or task status to organizational and/or project management in the form of project plan, email, or meeting updates.
- Create and update application, integration, technology and information architectural diagrams utilizing tools like Vizio
- Evaluate, define, and when necessary prototype alternatives to determine the most appropriate approach for each solution
- Determine how to satisfy these requirements using existing platform and services, and where appropriate, define new services to fulfill the project's particular needs and make recommendations
- Support road mapping with product owners and IT strategic planning
- May provide assistance or guidance to other team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years relevant experience including systems, hardware, storage, networking, telecom and OS administration.
- Technologies: TCP/IP, UDP protocols, VM, Telephony, and Skype Enterprise Voice.
- Software experience:Microsoft Windows Server and Red Hat Linux O/S, and VMWare administration
- Hardware experience:IBM, Dell / EMC, HP, Sun, Cisco (including VoIP), NetApp, Palo Alto.
- Cloud Architecture and systems including AWS, Azure and cloud security.
- Certifications in the following are a plus: OS Platforms such as MS (MCSE), Linux and Hardware solutions, Data Security, Enterprise Backup, SAN, and Communications technologies.
- In depth knowledge of governance processes and standard network and telecom industry best practices.
- Strong experience with implementing cloud based solutions in a consumer, private and hybrid model.
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills with proven ability to influence activity and performance without direct authority.
- Experience in implementing and delivering technology projects requiring cross-functional coordination.
- Proven understanding of best practices in designing and maintaining high availability systems and environments.
- Project management experience and methodologies (i.e.. Agile, SDLC, etc.)
Proven written and verbal communication skills, analytical, perseverance, problem solving, strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Context of the position
- IT Solutions Architect role supports, plans, designs and implements local and wide-area network solutions between multiple platforms and protocols (including IP and VOIP).
- Supports/troubleshoots network issues and coordinates with vendors for installation of such items as routers and switches.
- Works on project implementation.
- Provides training and assists with proposal writing.Conducts project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons.