21 days ago - req12389
Manager Technical Accounting & External Reporting
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Are you keen to take up a new challenge as business partner in a global company? We are looking for a strong, agile person to join our finance department.
At ASML we constantly have to ensure that our ambitious business objectives are met in compliance with laws and regulations.
As a business partner you will co-operate with senior stakeholders (up to the CFO) inside and outside the Finance department. You will play a key role in:
- Helping out your colleagues with the correct and consistent interpretation and implementation of US GAAP/IFRS standards;
- Ensuring compliance with consolidated external reporting requirements for Form 20-F (US GAAP) and Statutory Annual Report (IFRS);
- Determining the accounting impact of significant sales and procurement deals by being part of the different account teams;
- Be part of the project team in case of acquisition or other significant strategic projects; and
- Driving continuous improvement through initiating and execution changes which enhance the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of ASML’s financial compliance processes.
You will be part of the technical accounting and external reporting team, which is responsible for:
- Supporting and consulting the rest of finance, the business and other departments with their inquiries to US GAAP and IFRS Compliance
- Taking ownership of Integrated Reporting of ASML Holding NV (US GAAP and IFRS), as well interim IFRS reporting;
- Review of our quarterly Consolidated financial statements and earnings releases (US GAAP);
- First point of contact with external auditor regarding technical accounting related topics; and
- Encouraging continuous improvement and embedding compliant accounting in ASML’s processes.
To qualify for this challenging position you need a Master degree with completed RA.
- Approx. 8-10 years of relevant experience, including at one of the big 4 accounting firms is required;
- Knowledge and experience with US GAAP and IFRS is required;
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley requirements is strongly preferred;
- Experience / Knowledge of continuous monitoring, data analytics is an advantage.
Informal personality, proper communication skills and hands-on attitude.
Context of the position
The ASML Finance department operates in a dynamic environment where learning, commitment, business partnering, flexibility and continuous improvement are top of mind. The Finance department is responsible for driving cost effective transactional, fiscal and financial processes on a global scale, supporting business decisions, financial planning, action management, risk mitigation and maintaining appropriate corporate governance practices.
As ASML is a fast-closing, listed company in both the US (NASDAQ) as well as in the Netherlands (AEX), compliance with SOX, US GAAP and IFRS and efficient and compliant processes is crucial. This makes this position challenging, complex and very important within the Finance department!
Our mission is to add value to ASML by supporting our company’s business and driving financial performance on a world class level. To achieve this, we:
- Act as a recognized business partner by supporting decisions on all levels by guiding on and deploying of cross-sector operational measures and processes;
- Protect the business by securing corporate governance, integrity and risk mitigation;
- Realize cost effective transactional and financial processes on a global scale;
- Maintain a learning environment where people can grow and challenge each other with high commitment, the right flexibility and continuous improvement in mind.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter.