30+ days ago - req12329
Projection Engineer Optimization
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
The Optical Column department is part of the EUV Business line of ASML. Its task is to develop, integrate and qualify the optical column including metrology applications.
The Projection engineer optimization is responsible for integrated design studies with special focus on optimization of the EXE:5000 projection optics. The challenge is to find a translation of customer imaging requirements and optical lens characteristics into a transparent optimization model, that finds optimal adjustments for the mirrors and stages to minimize aberrations and has high performance quality, speed and stability.
- Developing optimization algorithms (lens models) which suppress aberrations of the ASML projection optics under different circumstances.
- Lens models are used for the lens fine tuning by means of mirror and stage adjustments. They can have different merit functions, mirror range and various metrological constraints. The algorithms should be fast and stable as they are used during wafer production at the customer.
- Included are calibration strategy, corrections for mirror heating, drift, and wafer / reticle deformations.
- The job combines algorithm design with requirement engineering and integration support.
- All work is carried out in close collaboration with other development projects such as Metrology, Wafer table& Reticle clamp, Image tuner for specific layer optimization, Imaging department, integration teams, and Zeiss SMT.
University+, PhD, Mathematics background
- 5y experience as researcher or engineer in numerical optimization
- demonstrated affinity to perform both concept studies and creating comprehensive system overviews
- knowledge of optics and/or lithography is a pre
Strong analytical skill and good intercultural communication
Context of the position
The holder of the position reports to the group leader Projection, and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.