9 days ago - req12407
Electrical Design Engineering Intern (Summer 2020)
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- For the 2020 Electrical Design Engineering Internship, you will participate in design, implementation and validation of highly reliable electronics for ASML's EUV systems as well as in cross-functional teams and work with multiple engineering groups to outline and create electronic systems, validation plans and test infrastructure.
- The goal of the internship is for you to learn about working in a corporate setting and to provide hands on experience solving real world problems in a team environment.
- Interns will typically be required to document and present their findings as well as making an end of summer presentation to the group about what they achieved during their internship.
- Current MSEE student with course work involving electrical or electronic design, analog circuits and/or digital hardware design with a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Familiarity board, module and system level electronic troubleshooting , including experience with engineering test equipment such as logic analyzers and bus analyzers
- Strong English communication skills (written and oral) including ability to write status reports, user documentation and procedures
- Proven ability to take a structured problem solving approach to assigned tasks.
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Possess strong ownership characteristics and commitment to achieving results on time
- Have strong English written and oral communicative skills
- Be willing to be “wrong” at times and be open to the ideas of others
- Technical knowledge of cabling and connectivity, EMC, electronic safety and other system-level concepts will be a plus
- Hands-on experience with schematic capture and simulation tools a plus
- Be a demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills
- Have strong analysis and problem-solving skills and the ability to take initiative
- Be detailed oriented
- Be open to the ideas of others
Context of the position
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the intern routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The intern is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Relocation assistance and/or housing is not provided for these internships.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE