8 days ago - req12420
New Product Robustness Intern (Electromechanical/Coding) - Summer 2020
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Physics
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
As the world’s leading semiconductor lithography machine (the machine that makes computer chips) manufacturer, ASML enables chip manufacturers to make cheaper, faster chips, thereby enabling all the technology you use today. The machines we make require high speed, magnetically levitated stages with sub-nanometer accuracy, robotic mask delivery systems, mechatronic devices to shape and correct the laser illumination source, and optical modules that can detect sub-nanometer alignment errors and pattern distortions. Temperature controlled to milli-kelvins, particulate free, and operating in complete vacuum, the technical challenges are endless. Solving these challenges requires expertise in servo controls, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded software engineering, optics, physics, manufacturing, industrialization, and more. If you like extreme challenges and want to help bring the next generation of technology to the world, then come join ASML.
Internship Goals and Objectives:
- The 2020 project will be focused on developing a tool (currently in Excel) that the company can use to improve the quality of its products.
- The tool will contain or link to a database with a user friendly interface for input, and a defined structure for data output.
- Concurrently while this tool is being developed, the internship will focus on procuring the data from existing systems (and brains) to populate it.
- Work in a team environment alongside local experienced engineers.
- The goal of the internship is for you to learn about working in a corporate setting and to get you familiar with our products and their issues as you look for data.
- Interns will typically be required to document and present their findings as well as making an end of summer presentation to the group about what they achieved during their internship.
- Current active students in Electro-mechanical and/or Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, and Materials Science with a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Possess strong ownership characteristics and commitment to achieving results on time
- Have strong English written and oral communicative skills
- Proficiency in MS office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (or similar email application).
- Be a demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills
- Have strong problem solving skills and the ability to take initiative
- Be willing to be “wrong” at times and be open to the ideas of others
- Relocation assistance and/or housing is not provided for these internships.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE