3 days ago - req12477
Software Design Engineer @ ASML
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. ASML has its Industrial Engineering, development and manufacturing operations in Wilton, Connecticut and in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. The Industrial Engineering Department in ASML Wilton office is currently searching for talented software engineers to design and implement embedded software for systems among the highest precision ever produced in the world.
*MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE*
The individual will be responsible for key modules of the diagnostic software throughout the development cycle, ranging from specifying functional requirements by working with multi-disciplinary teams, outlining testing effort, to implementing the software and executing the testing steps to qualify the product, etc. The engineer will work closely with developers in development and engineering to create software that offers advanced diagnostic capability and fulfills the business needs.
BS or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 0-2 years programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, Python/Rubi, C/C++
- Extensive experience with scripting languages like bash, tcsh, csh and perl
- 0-2 years Unix programming experiences, preferably on Solaris or Linux
- Experience or proven ability in diagnostic software
- Experience or proven ability with graphical user interfaces and command line interfaces
- Experience or proven ability in designing complex software architecture
- Experience or proven ability using test frameworks such as gtest
- Experience in Python is a plus
- Experience in Clearcase is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for programming
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer