20 days ago - req12563
Integral Project Manager
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories, Mechatronics, Physics
The Development & Engineering System Integration department (D&E SI) is responsible for defining and driving the system integration of new products/options for full functional machine and performance qualification within time to market target. The D&E SI DUV Manufacturing & Upgrades group within this department is managing all D&E work preparations for producing Twinscan machines. Including the responsibility for integrating and delivering recovery system models, aimed to achieve the optimal availability.
- Be part of a very positive work culture. We at ASML like our multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary and entrepreneurial spirit. To be successful we have to work positively and successfully together, teaming up is what we do, on all levels, informally and formally. We have a can-do mentally.
- Be part of progress and work with one of the most successful companies in Europe.
- Be part of progress and work with one of the most relevant and most high-tech companies around the globe.
- To be able to stay at this level we develop and share knowledge, new ways of doing things better and challenge each other.
Defines, designs and manages, with the support of an architect and design engineer a multi-disciplinary and sectorial integral project. Manages in direct control and through separate project leads the individual sub-projects.. This position will be a focal point for innovation and cost reduction responsibilities and will be a key in driving (automated) sequence execution (basically all works, assembly and testing, on our machines including manufacturing, repairs, upgrades and maintenance) efficiency.
This process of sequence execution requires works and input from many disciplines and sectors (ASML internally) of which most have interdependencies. Therefore, for this position, you must be able to oversee, map and connect those and build robust operational procedures and processes.
Mentioned sectors and disciplines are clustered in development, manufacturing and customer support and services. They are strongly software and industrial engineering related.
As an Integral Project Manager you will be responsible for:
- Managing a multi-disciplinary and -sectorial integral project. Managing in direct control and through separate project leading the individual sub-projects.
- Working with multiple D&E departments (most scanner functional development groups, software development) across multiple operational sectors (business line, manufacturing, customer support, system engineering).
- Defining the scope of the project, identifying opportunities to outperform (client) expectations beyond stated objective and/or performance specs.
- Initiating, formulating and implementing new solutions for improvement, monitoring relations with other relevant disciplines
- Assessing and addressing project risk and cross-sectoral risks based on input from the architects and design engineers.Understanding operational risks within own scope
- Developing functional plans for sequence execution in D&E, Factory and Customer support, in alignment with (internal)customer roadmaps, program roadmaps and sequence architectural roadmaps.
- Demonstrating leadership in meeting cost, schedule, resource, and functional program objectives.
- Effectively utilizing outsourced engineering.
- A combination of experience at ASML (preferred not required), experience/seniority with similar projects and track record outweighs the level or field of education.
- A university level of reasoning and understanding and a basic level of understanding of IT, engineering and business administration subjects will be a good foundation.
- Additional project management and six sigma education is a pre.
Successfully managing multidisciplinary and sectorial projects. Preferably operational and development oriented, including a strong software component.
- Successfully managing (projects) without authority;
- Working in a matrix organization;
- Working in a complex high-tech environment;
- Working interculturally.
- Ability to build successful teams
- Ability to manage without authority
- Being able to understand, weigh and set personal and (sub)team priorities in a dynamic, complex organization
- Independently scope, plan, managing, execute and control your project. Driving this project to success and deliver tangible results
- Ability to manage change. To structurally improve a change in approach, organization and mindset
- Problem solver with a pro-active and persistent attitude, hands-on “can do” mentality
- Entrepreneur to identify related improvement opportunities to improve ASML’s business
- Ability to match conflicting and/or short term personal/sub-team goals with long term business goals
- Ability to build sustainable, relevant networks within a complex matrix organization which can find the right balance between finding common ground, holding ground and shifting direction
- A good communicator and networker which can successfully explain goals, directions, priorities and decisions to stakeholders and team(s)
Context of the position
The Integral project lead reports directly to Group Lead DUV Sequence and Manufacturing Integration
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.