11 days ago - req12514
Overlay Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
If you have the strength of personality to take ownership of a problem and create a vision of how to solve it – a vision that also inspires others - then the ASML DUV-System Performance department is your ideal environment for personal development and professional growth.
ASML builds lithography systems that can place multiple layers on a chip with very high precision. The so-called overlay accuracy demand for this layer-to-layer positioning is determined by the design of the chip.
As an Overlay Analyst you contribute to the development of ASML Deep UV products by testing, analyzing, qualifying and reporting overlay performance and inventing and specifying overlay improvements within the restrictions imposed by system specifications, costs and planning considerations.
- Specify, test, and analyze overlay qualification and calibration tests and report on the results.
- Invent and design new calibration and qualification methods to improve overlay.
- Use statistical methods to show improvements or issues.
- Support the internal and external customers in solving overlay issues.
- Contribute to ASML’s overlay roadmap
- Steer a team of multidisciplinary designers and representatives of other sectors.
Technical University masters, preferably PhD, in physics or similar. Experience with experimental verification of theoretical models is a must.
- Solid theoretical and/or experimental skills, supported by experience with mathematical modeling, statistics and model verification.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude. Helicopter view, broad scope and team-player. Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English.
- Preferable having industrial experience in a relevant area.
Creativity, initiative, discipline and team spirit. Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic and pro-active attitude. Good communicational skills and good command of the English language.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector D&E (Development & Engineering) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The DUV System Performance department is responsible for development, delivery, integration and qualification of functional modules & machine/customer applications on spec, within time and budget in the areas of overlay, imaging and focus. You will be working in a multidisciplinary project team, in a dynamic and high-tech environment.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.