30+ days ago - req12665
Group Lead - Optics
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science, Optical engineering
ASML in Wilton CT (US) is seeking a Manager to lead product teams activities for Advanced Development Center (ADC) Department in Wilton Connecticut. The ADC Department reports into the Wilton Development and Engineering organization. This person will lead a team of scientists and engineers who have the responsibility to define and develop tools, process and solution required to achieve nm level flatness for ASML’s most advanced wafer and reticle clamping systems.
ASML in Wilton CT (US) is seeking a Manager to lead product teams and technology competence activities for Advanced Development Center (ADC) Department in Wilton Connecticut. The ADC Department reports into the Wilton Development and Engineering organization. This person will lead a team of scientists and engineers who have the responsibility to define and develop metrology and material science competencies in support of the development of ASML’s most advanced prototype and systems solutions through the optimization of design, materials and manufacturing processes.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
This person will report to the Director of the ADC Department.The job requires a strong and accomplished leader to:
• Direct manager of a team of20-25 people (engineers, scientists);
• Responsible for flatness development in the ADC by driving roadmap, documentation, training and sustaining activates
• Responsible for developing expertise within your group, technology roadmaps, and alignment with our key suppliers and manufacturing team;
• Responsible for development and sustaining project results: on time delivery to specified performance at the right cost, quality, and reliability;
• Secures the quality of the teams deliverables;
• Interact with project leaders in the development programs and secure allocation of staff in line with program needs. Review project plans and proactively support project realization.
• Responsible for all aspects of people management: training, performance management, coaching / mentoring, project assignments, resource / budgets;
• Lead recruiting activities for your group, and support recruiting activities for the ADC Department and the larger D&E organization;
• Support your teams technology development: Stays current with the latest technology developments in your field;
• Work with yourproject managers and module architects on technology road mapping, competence development, and problem solving;
• manage the delivery of designs that meet the requirements stated by the ASML product development programs by reviewing technical solutions proposed, technical product documentation produced by the group and project management decision documents and coaching of group members.
• Ensure quality of operation of your group by reviewing of technical solutions proposed, procedures, documentation delivered by the group.
• Manage your stakeholders: Communicate with your stakeholders and customers on a routine basis, set expectations and communicate any gaps;
• Create a vision for your group and drive your team;
• Strive to be a learning organization;
• Create an environment of continuous improvement;
Some travel ( ~ 10-15%) to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected.
Minimum MS in Physics, Material Science or related fields.
Degree in technical management field (Management of Technology or Engineering Management) a plus.
Five years minimum of industry experience in development of complex high-tech systems along with 5 years minimum of management experience of direct reports.
•Strong leadership and ownership characteristics – demonstrated commitment to achieving results on time;Can jump in and help solve difficult problems when risks or issues occur;
•Have strong written and oral communicative skills – ability to communicate effectively to your team, to senior management, to technology partners, and to our customers;
•Demonstrated “team player” with a strong quality orientation and highly developed interpersonal skills;
•Have direct experience in one or more technical fields:optical metrology, data analysis,lasers,detectors, electro-mechanical and electro-optical devices, electronics, mechanics, material science.
•Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups such as manufacturing, procurement, and logistics (including senior leadership), and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous projects on schedule;
•Be willing to own the integrated systems performance, and support the entire product life-cycle (development through sustaining engineering), strive to enable your team to deliver the right design solution for the right cost at the right time.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
-The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
-The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
-May require travel dependent on company needs.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
-Can work under deadlines.
-The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
-Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
-Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
-Can learn and apply new information or skills.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Internal Reference: #LI-KG1
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer