5 days ago - req12652
Metrology Scrum Master Image Quality
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering
IntroductionAre you the Scrum Master who is eager to learn and apply agile principles to expand ASML’s fastest growing business and contribute to the transition to an agile way of working?
Metrology orchestrates the behavior of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. It is the brain of ASML lithography systems. To ensure ever shrinking of the integrated circuits printed by ASML machines, we need people who can help us build next-generation metrology products.
You are challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context. You are focused on and motivated by realizing business value. You’re passionate about driving a team to perform at its maximum potential via continuous improvement, including coaching people in their personal development. You have the required experience with functional specification and software development to be able to guide the evolution of products in your scope. You like working in an agile environment. Primary stakeholders are your team’s Product Owner, other Product Owners, other Scrum Masters, Chief Product Owner, Release Train Engineer, Group Leaders, Architects, Customer Representatives and product integrators. It is essential that you get to know your internal customers and stakeholders who need your specific competence to create successful solutions in the scope of your team.
You guide the team in realizing solutions and apply a scrum based, agile way of working. Your team is part of an agile train (SAFe). You take initiative in team development by means of sprint retrospectives, removing impediments and establishing a clear definition of ready and done. You actively participate in the transition of Metrology towards an agile organization and address and solve issues that occur in this transition.
By assisting the group leader in setting targets for team members and coaching them in their contribution and professional development, you co-develop team capability and competences of individual team members. Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are crucial.You are ambitious and willing to embrace the opportunity to improve. You will identify and understand the needs of our clients and be responsive, logical, and flexible. To achieve your mission, you initiate meetings to analyze issues and to support, steer, and plan solutions.
Success in this position enables ample opportunity to develop a career within ASML.
- As scrum master for the 6 to 10 FTE team, lead the scrum process, including all Scrum rituals,including evaluation and continuous improvement (addressing impediments)
- Be the main point of contact regarding issues concerning team’s features
- Work in close relationship with the Product Owner to maintain the product backlog and planning.
- Act as a team ambassador within the organization
- Assist team in delivering high quality results
- Coach team members
- Address and if necessary escalate bottlenecks and impediments
BSc or MSc in mathematics, physics, engineering or computer science
- Agile development way of working
- Experience as scrum master
- Team player
- Robust personality
- Independent way of working in our dynamic environment
- Active listening, giving feedback
- Coaching abilities
- Able to initiate, influence, stir
- Analytical view combined with pragmatic attitude (flexibility)
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and good knowledge of English
Context of the position
As servant leader of a functional and SW combined team, you will be responsible for the specification and implementation of metrology functionality. Furthermore, you develop the Scrum team and coach team members in their professional development.