12 days ago - req12693
Software Metrology Engineer (Yieldstar)
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
Do you know what it takes to secure the quality of the metrology software that we roll out to our Yieldstar systems in the field? And what our field engineers need to successfully implement the new features and fixes towards our customers? If yes, then this role of Competency Engineer Metrology Software at Customer Support department is just the right opportunity for you.
Sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. The central CS organization (mainly in the Netherlands) makes sure that local offices support the customer effectively by providing field offices with knowledge, technical and process support.
You are the technical interface for the software competence between the CS field organization and the different sectors at ASML headquarters in Veldhoven, like Development & Engineering (D&E) and Manufacturing. You use your understanding of the way-of-working in the field, your technical knowledge and your communication skills to drive efficient solutions which are needed to reach the operational targets of our installed base.
Engineers in the field recognize you as the technical expert whom they can contact for questions and follow-up of structural issues. You make sure that the CS Field organization is prepared for their job by securing the quality and completeness of all work preparation (e.g.: patch release notes, install instruction, interface delta documents) and sharing knowledge.
Your engineering skills enable you to do an in-depth analysis of structural issues, identify possible improvements and quantify the impact on operational targets to help set the right priorities on what to solve and what not. You set the direction for the most efficient solution and steer technical discussions with solution providers (for example D&E). If needed you support technical communication towards different levels of management and customers.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
During every software release cycle (every cycle is managed as a project):
• Identify and drive software solutions
o Perform in-depth analysis of structural issues from installed base of machines at customers
o Interface with Project Leaders in CS on software deliverables
o Define and steer direction of efficient solutions for the field organization on a technical level
• Validate software quality
o validate impact/risks for CS of alpha test results
o prepare YieldStar software beta test, agree with local sites/customers
o Execute and wrap-up the YieldStar software field beta test
• Rollout software solutions to the field
o Handshake and validate work preparation of new products and functionalities delivered by D&E to enable independent operation by CS field organization - inform local teams
o Validate and support roll-out of solutions to the field, including knowledge transfer
o Prepare and monitor the YieldStar software field roll-out
Structural support & improvement
• Initiate and drive improvement projects (examples: improve documentation to increase local team’s autonomy, setup communication structure)
• Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and knowledge transfer presentations
• Support on software related escalations and drive for improvements to prevent/reduce impact
• Build and maintain technical expertise for software competence
Bachelor or Master degree in relevant technical area (e.g.: Electronics, Computer Science, Software Engineering).
Preferably 3 or more years of experience as a Customer Support Engineer in a semiconductor (or any other relevant industrial) environment.
Experience in a software-oriented environment or strong interest and affinity with it.
Experience in a ASML engineering or customer support role is considered a huge plus.
• Remain persistent: You have a clear picture of the outcome in your mind. When setbacks occur, you search for opportunities to learn and stay focused to overcome them. You stay on course and are persistent in achieving goals.
• Meet customers’ expectations: You set high quality standards for yourself and others. You actively specify and validate customer’s expectations and you make sure that you understand why they have these expectations. You take necessary actions and define alternatives to ensure quality under changing circumstances.
• Adjust interaction style: You respect and show interest in different cultures by curiosity and mutual understanding. You do not judge others on their way of working, but adjust your style of interaction in order to work effectively with intercultural teams.
• When working abroad you show willingness to use habits of other cultures.
Context of the position
The Competency Engineer (CE) Metrology Software is part of the “Software rollout & performance” team for YieldStar (ASML Metrology tool). This person takes care of driving solutions, validating quality and rolling out solutions for metrology software to our customers in the field (CS YieldStar field organization). You will work for the CS Metrology Software Project Lead and report to the Group Lead of the Metrology Patterning Control Project Lead & Engineering team.
Willingness to travel internationally up to 15%
CV and motivation letter are required for this role.