30+ days ago - req12686
UI / UX Designer - Intern
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering, Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This role involves designing the user experience for ASML’s computational lithography platform.The UI/UX Designer will work closely with an international, multi-disciplinary team to create highly usable products..The candidate will possess the ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable designs.He/she will be the visionary voice of the customer experience who transforms business opportunities and marketing requirements into user friendly application interface designs.These designs will be the PRD/FRD for GUI developers.
- Work closely with product management to derive and define user requirements for Tachyon Application Center
- Develop high level and detailed user flow diagrams, wireframes, storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and functional designs
- Work with developers to ensure accurate implementation of the designs
- Write User Guide, Release Notes, and other documentation
- Create and maintain specifications such as interface guidelines and standards across products
- Translate usability test results and other user research into product design improvements
MS or Bachelor's degreein Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Electrical Engineering
The ideal candidate would have a some knowledge of human computer interaction, user-centered design principles, Human Factors Engineering, and interaction design; a good portfolio showing critical thinking in interaction design; intimate understanding of product development processes and methodologies; and hands-on command of the design tools needed to communicate detailed specifications, workflow and wireframes.
- Some experience in interaction design, user research and usability
- Good academic background, ideally with experience in interaction design, visual design, and application design,
- Expertise creating process flows, site maps, wireframes, prototypes, and functional specifications
- Familiar of design tools like Balsamiq, Axure, QT, CorelDRAW, or Photoshop
- Experience with Confluence and Jira a plus
Excellent Communication and teamwork skills with great attention to detail
Good conceptual skills and ability to multi-task
Ability to articulate at a system level
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer