22 days ago - req12721
Manufacturing Assembler (FLEX)
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
As a FLEX Manufacturing Assembler, you will build and test laser sub-system prototypes and validates manufacturing processes, including sub-system assembly, optical alignment, functional test, equipment calibration, station setup and process development support.Recommends changes in design, methods, and procedures to enhance product quality.
Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies.Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment.Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process.Works with engineers in conducting experiments.
- Uses standardized tools and electronic equipment (i.e., torquewrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers, liftingequipment, computers, oscilloscopes) to assemble/install/remove or performtesting and troubleshooting.
- Trains others on areas of test processes and troubleshooting whenrequired.
- Performs a variety of moderately complex technical service/supportduties requiring specialized knowledge (i.e., sub-assembly, assembly,build, test, R&D, QA).
- Utilizes functional area databases to run reports and analyze/trenddata; Makes recommendations to management in order to meet productionneeds.
- Interfaces with engineers to support special testsand experiments with detailed instructions.
- Documents and monitors safety or security violations critical toproduct quality or operations.
- Uses specialized test equipment such as leak testing, Hi - Pot andalignment instruments.
- Pressurizes Gas, and Water sytems with Helium and troubleshootfailures.
- Reads and understands business documents such as Bill of Materials,routing sheets, inventory records and work instructions.
- Applies labels to panels, modules, and doors to cleanliness andworkmanship standards.
- Uses cleaning cloths with Acetone, Methanol, and Isopropyl alcohol towipe surfaces prior to shipping product.
- Maintains aclean work area, and is responsible for designated tools (routinemaintenance and calibration).
- Installselectrical connectors to modules.
- Performsother duties as assigned.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s Degree in technical or scientific field is highlydesired.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability totranslate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problemsthrough written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellentcustomer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customerrelationship building.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Ability toread and interpret schematics/drawings.
- Basicunderstanding of laser systems is required.
- Ability toapply knowledge of Company policies and technical skills in support ofmultiple products, services and components.
- Strongelectrical/ electronic background.
- Ability totroubleshoot, identify and correct problems in complex software-drivenelectronic systems, (not circuit-board troubleshooting).
- Familiaritywith cleanroom protocol is preferred.
- Ability tocalculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, basicalgebra.
- Full toadvanced proficiency with a wide variety of tools and equipment (e.g.,oscilloscopes, voltage and current probes, multi-meters, chart recorders,Mensors, and Helium Sniffers).
- Experience in using all electronic/pneumatic tools preferred.
- Please note:FLEX is a contractor role (not full time employee role).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performingthe duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk;talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel,crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to movearound the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move upto 50 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate intemperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Must wear disposable rubber gloves for entireduration of shift.
- Wearing of eye protection in manufacturing areas isrequired.
- Must be able to read and interpret data,information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations andinteract with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.