8 days ago - req12723
Sub-Project Lead for Wafer Table Development
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Are you energized by being the driving force of a team, guiding them towards delivery of a wafer table that fulfills its customer expectations? Are you the one who is persistent in achieving these deliveries? The one who has technical capability to understand our complex product? Are you skilled to interact with people from different disciplines, organizational levels, and cultural backgrounds?
If the answer is yes, then we can offer you an attractive position as a sub-project lead (Sub-PL)/main deliverable owner (MDO) in our wafer table development projects. Together with you and your team we develop and realize the product that holds the customer wafer in our ASML scanner. This is a great opportunity for your professional and personal growth!
As a sub-project lead (or MDO) and a member of one of the wafer table projects, you are responsible for a subset of deliverables within this project. You do this by managing a small multidisciplinary team (< 10 FTE) on a daily basis and interacting with the other sectors, mainly in factory and field. Progress is reported to the project lead of wafer tables.
We have several positions open covering subjects ranging from early stage development (high on technical content), to organizing, testing, analysis and roll out of new table types at customers.
The responsibilities of a Main Deliverable Owner (MDO) within the Wafer Tables group consist of:
- Planning and control: define and maintain a project plan to meet the agreed set of deliverables. Execute progress tracking and meet milestones at given timing and budget constraints. Technical alignment is done with the architects and system engineering. You support the project lead in preparation of the budgeting process.
- Organization and team structure: set up effective team organization that reflects the work content, ensuring the team is at the right information level and interdependencies are identified and managed.
- Risk and escalation management: technical and non-technical risks for new deliveries will be evaluated by means of FMEAs. You understand the proper escalation paths and act accordingly. Solve problems/escalations with the team and lead the team.
- Communication: you will clearly communicate minutes of meetings with the team and sectors. You report progress of your project to the project lead and program and will assist the project lead in progress reviews.
- Stakeholder management: As a wafer table MDO you will interact with many internal and external stakeholders. Sectors you will interface with are factory, customer support, system engineering, marketing, and procurement.
Bachelor or Master Degree in an engineering discipline, e.g. Mechanics, Mechatronics, Physics, Chemistry or Electronics.
- At least 5 years of experience in an industrial environment with high tech products and complex production processes in multi-disciplinary projects.
- At least 2 years of experience in leading and coordinating a team of technical experts.
- Strong social and communication skills to build lasting relations and create an atmosphere of cooperation and trust.
- Solid technical background to understand and explain the technical challenges and solutions.
- Goal orientation: you show a high level of commitment to realize agreed objectives and take full ownership to overcome obstacles.
- Flexibility: you act with a high level of adaptability to changing circumstances and adjust your style of interaction to different (multicultural) teams and people.
- Self-reflecting on own behavior and performance to identify strengths and development needs in skills or knowledge.
- Self-propelling: act pro-actively, take initiative and always act to the greater good of the product such that they serve our customer needs.
- Fluent in English
Context of the position
The wafer table development group is part of the mechanical development cluster and is responsible to develop and deliver qualified wafer tables which clamp the wafer onto the wafer stage of the scanner. Wafer tables are crucial to make lithography happen against the ever demanding specs on overlay, focus, and throughput while ensuring high availability. The holder of this position reports to the Group lead Wafer Tables.
We offer you a position in a team that consists of skilled, motivated people that have a passion for technology. At ASML we push capabilities of our technology to the level that is considered to be impossible by external experts.