6 days ago - req12798
System Test Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories, Mechatronics, Physics
Are you an engineer who thinks and acts on system level? Would you like to continuously improvethe performance of the machine? Do you have a broad technical interestcombined with good communication skills? Do you want to use your technical knowledge to define and facilitate the most efficient and effective test and integration strategy? Then the job of a System Test Engineer is just for you!
The DE (Development & Engineering) P&I (Performance & Integration) System Integration department is responsible for the integration, verification and release of system configurations such that these can be manufactured and installed within the required quality and can also be maintained in the field. We supportBusiness Line, Manufacturing and Customer service to achieve customer satisfaction.
In the position of System Test Engineer you will be part of the team that defines the integration strategy and gives an advise of the quality and risks still left after the integration of a wide variety of hardware, software and other deliveries into one system that performs at a the specified level.
The System Test Engineer takes the technical lead in the integration of multiple subsystem deliveries into one complete system and the verification of these deliveries. Integration is done on both functional level and on performance level of the key performance indicators of ASML’s systems. The System Test Engineer defines the optimal integration and test strategy to achieve this goal and takes part in execution of this strategy for his integration steps. The System Test Engineer takes the lead in the creation of the test strategy of deliverables and adds value from system level perspective. Resulting in a solid advise towards the business line w.r.t. the delivered quality.During integration and introduction of the systems at the first customers, the System Test Engineer will also take the lead in the analysis of complex system issues and in the definition and testing of the solution for such issues (on or off site).
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Define optimal integration and test strategy: which items are needed in which order to perform stepwise integration into one system
- Verification of the quality of subsystem deliveries by reviewing their qualification reports
- Participate with the integration tests on the system, mainly during troubleshooting or critical test phases
- Take lead in the definition of the problem statement and be a sparring partner during the analysis and solution phase of the found system issues
- Report and advise toward program management on system integration progress, amount of risk mitigated and the system’s performance and reliability capabilities
Technical education on MSc. Level in direction of Physics, Optics , Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in integration activities, e.g. integrator or architect in multidisciplinary projects
- Knowledge on system level of ASML machines (preferred)
- Hands-on experience in working on ASML machines (preferred)
- Analytically strong, enthusiastic, flexible, assertive, proactive, structured
- Ability to interface and cooperate with different people on different organizational levels
- Ready to be employed at least 2 years
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department System Integration is part of D&E and responsible for the integration of modules into a proto system and proves that the system can meet the specifications. The D&E EUV Upgrade Integration group is part of the System Integration Department at ASML. Its challenge is to develop, deliver, integrate and qualify preparation plan for upgrades on EUV systems.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.