6 days ago - req12898
Legal Entity Accountant (Europe)
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Would you enjoy the challenge to contribute to our successful world-class finance department as a hands-on Legal Entity Accountant? Your job will beto work in a dynamic and international environment, being part of a high tech company.
The Legal Entity Accountant will be responsible for the statutory and financial reporting obligations of the ASML group entities in Europe. You are part of the overall Accounting External Reporting & Compliance team of ASML and works closely together with the ASML Legal, Tax and the central Accounting teams as well as external auditing firms.
As a Legal Entity Accountant (Europe) you are expected to create & maintain clear insight in the nature and background of all financial reporting for the European ASML entities. As a Legal Entity Accountant you will operate in a matrix organization, being part of the global Finance organization. You will ensure that the financial statements are correct and complete creating the basis for a clean audit trail – with proper substantiation and specification. Being able to make the translation between our primary US GAAP books and Local GAAP financial statements and into the indirect and direct tax obligations is crucial in this role. You are expected and have room to continuous drive improvements to the accounting and control processes creating capacity to support the growth of ASML. Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate statutory financial reporting process for legal entities in Europe including alignment with the Financial Control teams in the Netherlands and local country business controllers;
- Monitor the compliance with group accounting policies as well as local regulations;
- Ensure compliance with local GAAP and report to differences with US GAAP;
- Align with / provide input to ASML Global Finance Team / Tax Accounting group (The Netherlands) for periodic group reporting and consolidation purposes;
- Improve accounting and compliance related processes, creating capacity to support the future growth of the company;
- Act as overall audit engagement coordinator & primary point of contact to external auditor for legal entities in scope;
- Coordinate / prepare / assist in preparation of supporting documentation for statutory audit compliance;
- Prepare / review Country by Country Reporting information for the ASML legal entities in Europe;
- Provide input for & facilitate in preparation of local country Transfer Price documentation;
-Facilitate and manage other local financial reporting obligations (e.g. local statistics filings, surveys etc.)
-Manage and supervise the outsourced parties performing the accounting on our behalf;
- Provide advice to Finance business partners in the area of accounting and tax
A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business Economics or Accounting, RA is an advantage.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ audit experience in Big 4 or equivalent accounting experience in an international business environment;
- Strong understanding of financial accounting & reporting processes;
- Knowledge of / experience with applicable (tax) accounting rules in relation to US GAAP / IFRS / Local GAAP and related processes;
- Fluent in written & spoken Dutch and English.
- Good analytical, communicative and social skills. Professional and ambitious attitude. Result oriented, team player with a big sense of responsibility;
- Strong understanding of financial accounting processes;
- Capable of co-working with team members while maintaining higher level overview;
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues in other financial / non-financial departments.
Context of the position
The ASML Finance department operates in a dynamic environment where learning, commitment, business partnering, flexibility and continuous improvement are top of mind. We are responsible for driving cost effective transactional, fiscal and financial processes on a global scale, supporting business decisions, financial planning, action management, risk mitigation and maintaining appropriate corporate governance practices.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter.