7 days ago - req12831
Startup Equipment Support Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Would you enjoy combining the optimization of the performance of an existing LCP platform (a physical platform that enables our lithography applications) with the challenges of introducing a VCP platform (a new solution that will run on the customers’ IT network and will be able to handle new and larger lithography applications)?
Do you understand what customers need for their production and how we can secure this with the solutions that we bring to the field? If so, then this role of Startup Equipment Support Engineer for LCP and VCP is just the right opportunity for you.
Sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. The central CS organization (mainly in the Netherlands) makes sure that local offices support the customer effectively by providing field offices with knowledge, technical and process support.
You are the technical interface for the LCP and VCP competence between the CS Field organization and the different sectors at ASML Headquarters in Veldhoven with Development & Engineering (D&E) as main counterpart. You use your understanding of the way-of-working in the field, your technical knowledge and your communication skills to look for efficient solutions which are needed to reach the operational targets of our installed base.
Engineers in the field recognize you as the main point of contact for questions and follow-up of structural issues. You make sure that the CS Field organization is prepared for their job by securing the quality and completeness of the work preparation (e.g.: patch release notes, install instruction, interface delta documents) and sharing knowledge.
You will provide introduction support for new ASML (virtual) systems and upgrades. A holistic knowledge of ASML products is enhanced by your on-going working relationships with a broad range of specialists that will enable you to successfully introduce new products into the field. Your close proximity with the field also makes you the ideal source of fresh ideas in new product development. This gives you excellent opportunities to provide requirements for future developments and new product designs.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Supporting on-site introduction of new model machines and/or new platforms to our local customer service team and customer engineers
• Managing system upgrades for new and existing ASML systems
• Mature the product by driving the cycle time and performance specifications
• Transferring knowledge of new products or platforms to enable local engineers to sustain the new product by themselves
• Keep up to date on the latest technologies by maintaining a network of specialists within the ASML community
• Prevent issues from re-occurring by driving a structured issue resolution process
• Taking part in availability/ reliability projects to help identify improvements in failure sensitivity and maintainability, and then ensuring that these improvements are implemented in new and existing products
• Failure mode and effect analysis/upgrade alpha test prep and support, upgrade beta test prep and validation
• Specific examples of recent projects are:
o Setting up a known issue database to enable our field organization to reduce downtime
o Prepare and drive beta test for upgrade to new software release
Bachelor or Master degree in relevant technical area (e.g.: Electronics, Computer Science, Software Engineering).
Preferably 3 or more years of experience as a Customer Support Engineer in a semiconductor (or any other relevant industrial) environment.
Experience in a software-oriented environment or strong interest and affinity with it.
Knowledge of ASML application software and/or LCP/VCP platform on a specialized technical level is a huge plus.
• Remain persistent: You have a clear picture of the outcome in your mind. When setbacks occur, you search for opportunities to learn and stay focused to overcome them. You stay on course and are persistent in achieving goals.
• Meet customers’ expectations: You set high quality standards for yourself and others. You actively specify and validate customer’s expectations and you make sure that you understand why they have these expectations. You take necessary actions and define alternatives to ensure quality under changing circumstances.
• Adjust interaction style: You respect and show interest in different cultures by curiosity and mutual understanding. You do not judge others on their way of working, but adjust your style of interaction in order to work effectively with intercultural teams.
• When working abroad you show willingness to use habits of other cultures.
Context of the position
The Startup Equipment Engineer (SES) for LCP and VCP is part of the CS LCP/VCP team, supporting the existing LCP platform and preparing and rolling out the new VCP platform:
The SES Engineer takes care of validating quality and rolling out solutions for LCP and VCP to our customers in the field. You will work for the CS Project Leads for LCP and VCP and report to the group lead of the Metrology Patterning Control Project Lead & Engineering team.
Willingness to travel internationally up to 30%
CV and motivation letter are required for this role.