17 days ago - req12895
System Integration Engineer Upgrades
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories, Mechatronics, Physics
Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines make you feel responsible and proud? Do you want to work in a challenging environment with highly motivated (committed, engaged) and skilled teams, where people are proud and enjoy their work?
Are you an enthusiastic engineer who is fascinated by defining, validating and releasing a system upgrade? Are planning and organizing some of your best skills? Do you want to use your technical affinity and networking skills to define and facilitate the most efficient and effective EUV system upgrades? Then the role of EUV Upgrade Integrator is just for you!
Within D&E Systems Integration, the EUV Upgrade Integrator is responsible for the planning, preparation and execution of deliverables needed for system and module upgrades on prototype systems (building a prototype by integrating modules) as well as first time upgrades in the field at ASML customers.
The Upgrade Integrator supports development engineering and manufacturing in the qualification of optical, mechanical and electrical modules and sub-systems, and the integration and test of complex systems.The Upgrade Integrator is also heavily involved in the first validations of the upgrade packages at customers.
The Upgrade Integrator (UI) works closely with the upgrade Project Lead (PL), MDO (Main Delivery Owner) and Upgrade Architect (UA) to plan and execute defined upgrade packages on the ASML systems within the System Integration department. As Upgrade Integrator you will have the chance to build up your own network at ASML by interfacing with the other D&E project/team leaders, integrators, customer support, EUV factory, system test engineers and proto engineers.
Overall responsibility is to manage the pre-requisites for upgrade package and to deliver and qualify (prepare/execute/coordinate) an optimized upgrade HW sequence and recovery, taking into account technical dependencies, resourcing, tooling, materials, and other prerequisites. This is either a commercial upgrade package or a combined package of engineering changes (EC’s).You will also report daily progress/delays and escalate issues.
You are going to be responsible for:
- Planning, preparing and coordinating the upgrade deliverables and creating upgrade sequence/package in uniform format
- Making the link between system functions and configuration requirements
- Collect and align upgrade sequence/package related output from FC’s (Functional Clusters) and already available and verified sequence steps in SI (System Integration)
- Optimizing the integration strategy and translate this strategy into upgrade plans
- Translating the Upgrade strategy to Bill Of Material, upgrade sequence, software, parts, tools, spares and recovery sequence
- Drive for efficient verification of upgrade sequence/package by coordinating alpha test (execution to be done by Machine Integration Team and by the factory) and report alpha test progress
- Supporting upgrade package validation and roll-out at customers. Driving for efficient verification of service sequences by coordinating with the Customer Support team
- Reporting all found issues, and prioritize FC based on impact for performance, availability and cycle time impact
- Ensuring issue follow-up is done in alignment with Upgrade Architect and FCs (agree blocking for Alfa/Beta/Volume/Key Decision)
- Ensuring all you work is captured in uniform documents like A-TPS (Alpha Test Performance specifications), TAR (Test Analysis (acceptance) Report), etc.
- Ensuring upgrade readiness and open items are known by UA and U-PL (Upgrade Project Leader) and included in high level plan
- Supporting CS (Customer Support) and EF (EUV Factory) with the creation and on-site support of complex upgrade/repair sequences for field systems
Technical Bachelor of Science or Master of Science (e.g. Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial engineering).
There no constraints in terms of work experience, but the following items are an advantage:
- General proficiency with tools, systems, integration, and procedures required to accomplish the job
- Sensors, optics, and/or controls of such devices preferred
- Machine industry
- System testing and integration or configuration management
- Semiconductor equipment development (strong plus)
- Organization, flexibility and capability to communicate on all levels
- Ability to defend own opinion
- Proactive attitude
- Ability to plan and prioritize
- High degree of autonomy
- Desire to invest in personal development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering specifications and maintenance manuals
- Good verbal communication and presentation skills and ability to effectively present results in a team meetings and in front of any type of audience
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department System Integration is part of D&E and responsible for the integration of modules into a proto system and proves that the system can meet the specifications. The D&E EUV Upgrade Integration group is part of the System Integration Department at ASML. Its challenge is to develop, deliver, integrate and qualify preparation plan for upgrades on EUV systems.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.