30+ days ago - req12908
Customer Support Engineer (CSE) – based in Leixlip, Ireland
In a nutshell
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have multiple office locations around the world.
For our Customer Support (CS) operationswe are looking for a Customer Service Engineer, based in our Leixlip office in Ireland.
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair, maintenance and continuous improvement of the ASML systems at customer sites. If you enjoy working closely with customers providing on-site technical expertise in the field then you’ll find a challenging opportunity at ASML Ireland
- The Customer Support Engineer (CSE), an ambassador for ASML, must be the first line of support for the repair, troubleshooting, analysis and maintenance of the ASML Systems;
- The CSE will interface with the customers, peers, local technical support and staff management to assure timely and accurate support;
- The CSE must be able to clearly communicate between key stakeholders of technical, organizational and operational stakeholders in relation to driving availability to their specific customer;
- Your primary role will be to support our local customer based in Leixlip, Ireland however travel flexibility is also a requirement as the role may involve training or some support internationally.
- Analyzes, diagnoses and troubleshoots ASML advanced manufacturing equipment issues at customer site;
- Performs installation, repair, retrofits, upgrades and preventive maintenance on ASML equipment installed at customer sites;
- Assists customers in the receipt, installation and testing of company equipment;
- Ensures that parts are available and as specified for service requirements;
- Take ownership for maintaining and optimizing the equipment on a daily basis to enhance functionality and proactively prevent problems.
- Proactively participate in the ASML Ireland Continuous Improvement Program, identifying and delivering on improvement projects/initiatives that support our local Maintenance program and demonstrate our value add to our customer.
Bachelor degree in Mechatronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. Level 8 degree is preferred.
- 0-2 years work experience;
- Experience with both Electrical and Mechanical engineering (Mechatronics);
- Hands-on experience with hardware (e.g. maintenance and repair);
- Experience or knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing process is an advantage, but not essential.
- Good communication skills and speak English fluently;
- Is a strong team player;
- Strong logical thinking, problem solving skills, attention to details and a quality mindset;
- A 'can do' / 'will do' attitude is sought to enable us to proactively maintain and improve customers systems in the field;
- Strong personal organizational skills and enjoys working in a challenging and dynamic work environment;
- Good flexibility and strong ownership.
Context of the position
In preparation for expanding our Ireland service operations we are looking to increase our service support capacity. Pending on your experience and background, extensive travel for training purposes (international training program) maybe required for the first year. After the training program the position requires the ability to support "shift based working schedules" including weekend / nights support - in which case applicable shift allowances and overtime allowances apply.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.