11 days ago - req12908
Customer Support Engineer (CSE) – Ireland
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have multiple office locations around the world.
For our Customer Support operationswe are looking for a Customer Service Engineer, based in our Ireland Leixlipoffice.
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair, maintenance and continuous improvement of the ASML systems at customer sites. If you enjoy working closely with customers providing on-site technical expertise in the field then you’ll find a challenging opportunity at ASML Ireland
- The Customer Support Engineer (CSE), an ambassador for ASML, must be the first line of support for the repair, troubleshooting, analysis and maintenance of the ASML Systems.
- The CSE will interface with the customers, peers, local technical support and staff management to assure timely and accurate support.
- The CSE must be able to clearly communicate between key stakeholders of technical, organizational and operational stakeholders in relation to driving availability to their specific customer.
- Your primary role will be to support our local customer based in Leixlip, Ireland however travel flexibility is also a requirement as the role may involve training or some support internationally
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and troubleshoots ASML advanced manufacturing equipment issues at customer site.
- Performs installation, repair, retrofits, upgrades and preventive maintenance on ASML equipment installed at customer sites.
- Assists customers in the receipt, installation, and testing of company equipment.
- Ensures that parts are available and as specified for service requirements.
- Take ownership for maintaining and optimizing the equipment on a daily basis to enhance functionality and proactively prevent problems.
- Proactively participate in the ASML Ireland Continuous Improvement Program, identifying and delivering on improvement projects/initiatives that support our local Maintenance program and demonstrate our value add to our customer.
B Eng. / B. ScElectronic, Mechanical, Electrical, Electro-optical, industrial, Physics or other related fields.
- 0-2 years
- Experience or knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing process is an advantage but not essential
- Good communication skills and speak English fluently.
- Is a strong team player, supporting & analytical skill and good working habits.
- Strong logical thinking, problem solving skills, attention to details and a quality mindset.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills are required where a 'Can do' / 'will Do' attitude is sought to enable us to proactively maintain and improve customers systems in the field.
- Strong personal organizational skills, and enjoys working in a challenging and dynamic work environment.
- Good flexibility and strong ownership.
Context of the position
In preparation for expanding our Ireland service operations we are looking to increase our service support capacity.Ideally we are seeking engineers with ASML experience and an interest in work in Field CS operations.
An international training program may be required depending on your experience level, which also may include a support assignment in an international customer facility to build experience on customer process, way of working, startup preparation, technical knowledge development will also be required.
The position requires the ability to support Shift based working schedules including weekend / nights support - in which case applicable shift allowances and overtime allowances apply.
Please note that this is a highly demanding yet equally challenging and rewarding job that involves continuous professional and personal development. If you meet the above requirements and consider yourself to have the right combination of technical, business and personal skills please apply.
Pending on your experience and background, extensive travel for training purposes maybe required for the first year.
Maintaining skills will require the ability to travel for upskilling, training or structured OJT going forward.