28 days ago - req12967
Manufacturing Engineering NPI Project Lead
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Mechanical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
Technology development centers and training and application facilities are located in Asia, Europe and the United States. The Manufacturing Operations in Wilton Connecticut is responsible for the production of subassemblies for lithography tools as well as purchasing and logistics. The complete production process of the most advanced machines takes place within Manufacturing.
This position is based in the EUV Group within the manufacturing sector in Wilton, Connecticut.
To realize 'World Class' support to Manufacturing in order to ensure highest product quality, short lead-times and 'short time-to-market' by continuous improvement of ASML's new and existing products and processes.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
- Develop Manufacturing readiness plans to introduce new products into Production across multiple projects.
- These plans include timelines and key milestones for proto readiness and ramp to pilot and volume.
- Develop budgetary needs for facilities, capital equipment and headcount.
- Communicate Manufacturing readiness plans to Business Line and Management.
- Lead a cross functional team from Production Engineering, Operations and Logistics to implement Manufacturing readiness plans for new product industrialization.
- Evaluate sub-assemblies for Make/Buy decision
- Report production status, issues, gaps and barriers to program Management and Sr. Management.
- Timely escalate in case of issue that can’t be solved within the own circle of influence.
- Owns coordination and prioritization of support from/to other departments
- Development of NPI Product line to "volume worthy" production
- Interface with multi-functional sectors (Design, Logistics, Finance, etc) for issue resolution
- Key deliverable tracking and reporting to Sr Management
- Technical Synchronization of output schedule between departments
- Rolling Financial Forecast Reporting
- New Design input based on lessons learned and cross-functional input
- Capital Equipment Requirements + Cost
- Independent Qualification Implementation Strategy
- Detailed risk analysis
- Design influencing manufacturability
- Design process flow, qualification gates
- Cycle Time analysis
- Define Cost at ASML Targets
Manufacturing Requirements Definition including:
1) Parts / Plant / People/ Product / Procedures / Tools as Manufacturing Deliverables
2) Lessons Learned Documentation / Implementation
3) Including Historical Issue Review and Ambition list maintenance
-BS/MS in Engineering
-Minimum of (5) years’ experience in manufacturing of high-tech and complex products.
-Minimum of (5) years’ experience in project leadership
-Broad technical and business knowledge.
-Excellent presentation and communication skills.
-Highly motivated and takes the initiative Works well in a dynamic environment.
-Experience in ERP (Preference SAP).
-Good communication skills
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
-The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
-The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
-May require travel dependent on company needs.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
-Can work under deadlines.
-The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
-Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
-Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
-Can learn and apply new information or skills.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability