7 days ago - req12975
Mechanical Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Do you want to work on cutting edge technology that you cannot get anywhere else?ASML is hands-down the industry leader in EUV.As a Mechanical Engineer for electron beam system, you employ your technical skills to keep us ahead of the curve and ahead of potential future competitors.Simply put, our opportunity is unparalleled!
As a Mechanical Design Engineer for electron beam system, you will perform a variety of engineering tasks including designing, developing, testing, analyzing, troubleshooting and implementing sub-assemblies and modules as you create and evaluate designs to meet requirements of specified applications.Your design activities will include structural analysis, ultra-high vacuum, high voltage, thermal analysis, and tolerances.By tapping into your engineering acumen, you research and select future key suppliers for consideration as turn-key providers of sub-systems as well as develop resolutions to critical issues and broad design matters.You will work on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products, or technologies.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Create electronbeam mechanical module’s element performance specification and elementdesign specification.
- Developmechanical designs for electron beam systems and subsystems working inultra-high vacuum and high voltage environment from concept tocompletion,and final release tomanufacturing.
- Create detailed 3D model and 2Ddrawings of electron beam system using NX , to be used for the part manufacturing.
- Lead design reviews, error budgetdevelopment, risk assessment and mitigation, design and execution ofexperiments, verification processes, validation processes.
- Analyze/select materials andverify design accuracy.
- Transfer design to manufacturingby providing necessary technical processing documents.
- Work with vendors and consultantsto develop, analyze and fabricate components and sub assemblies.
- Performfirst order hand calculations and computer simulations to verifyfunctionality of parts and mechanism.
- Work cross-functionally and driveimplementation of design best practices into product design.
- Provide effective presentation and writtenevaluations to communicate concepts, designs, test results, etc.
- Musthave good understanding of physics and mechanics.
- Master’sdegree or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- StrongHands-on proficiency with 3D modeling & 2D detailed drawings using Solidworksand NX.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in mechanical engineering within a corporate setting working on a complex engineering product.
- Strong preference for hands-on e-beam experience.
- Experiencein designing parts and assemblies for ultra-high vacuum.
- Experiencein designing parts and assemblies for high voltage environment.
- Knowledgewith materials and material selection, manufacturing and cleaningprocesses used for making components for electron beam inspection systems.
- Abilityto perform structural and thermal FEA using NX.
- Teamwork spirit with team members
- Goodcapability to evaluate and workoutside contractors, consultants, andmachine shops.
- Familiar with mechanicalmanufacturing processes including machining, sheet metal fabrication,welding, etc.
- Experience in designing, fabrication, andtesting of mechanical, electro-mechanical modules, and related system interfacesfor capital equipment tools.
- 2+ years of applicable relevant experience on a semiconductor equipment mechanicalproduct is desired.
- Excellent English writtenand verbal communication skills.
- Experience in productlifecycle management tools, Siemens TCE desired.
- Able/willing to travel about 10%