28 days ago - req12965
Project Leader Control Software Release at Customer Support
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
Do you know how to secure the quality of our patterning control software that we roll out to the field? And how to structurally setup and improve this release cycle in a dynamic and functionality driven environment? If so then this role of Customer Support Project Leader for Control Software is just the opportunity for you.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. The central CS organization (mainly in the Netherlands) makes sure that local offices support the customer effectively by providing field offices with knowledge, as well as technical and process support.
You are the Single Point of Contact for the Patterning Control Software between the CS Field organization and the different sectors at ASML Headquarters in Veldhoven with Development & Engineering (D&E) System Test & Integration (STI) as main counterpart. You will also form part of the software program as a CS representative for Control Software. You use your understanding of the way-of-working in the field, your technical knowledge and your communication skills to drive for efficient solutions which are needed to reach the operational targets of our installed base.
CS counterparts in the field recognize you as the main contact for questions and follow-up of structural issues. You make sure that the CS Field organization is prepared for their job by securing the quality and completeness of all work preparations (e.g.: release notes, install instruction, interface delta documents) and sharing knowledge.
You will secure quality of the new software by reviewing alpha test results, understanding of possible dependencies with other software releases and risks for backwards incompatibility, creating a beta test plan in collaboration with domain experts, coordinating the beta test and driving go/no go decisions for customer patch release. You will also secure quality and efficiency of the release cycle by setting up and continuously improving the release process.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
During every Software release cycle (every cycle is managed as a project)
- Identify and drive software solutions
- Interface with CS product team representatives on software deliverables
- Define and steer direction of efficient solutions for the Field organization on a technical level
- Validate Software quality
- Validate impact/risks for CS of alpha test results
- Understand possible dependencies with other software releases
- Assess risks for backwards incompatibility
- Create beta test plan for new control software release
- Coordinate and report on beta test
- Drive go/no go decision for customer patch release
- Roll out software solutions to the field
- Handshake and validate all work preparations of new products and functionalities delivered by D&E to enable independent operation by CS Field organization - inform local teams
- Prepare and monitor the Control Software field roll-out
Structural support & improvement
- Manage interface and dependencies to software from other platforms: scanners (DUV/EUV), Yieldstar, LCP, VCP and AHM.
- Initiate and drive improvement projects (examples: test coverage including virtual fab, communication to the field, like backwards (in)compatibilities, setup and drive KPI’s)
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and knowledge transfer presentations
- Support on software related escalations and drive for improvements to prevent or reduce impact
Bachelor's or Master's degree in relevant technical field (e.g.: Computer Science, Software Engineering) or equivalent.
Preferably 3 or more years of or work experience in a challenging environment with high tech products and complex processes.
Software testing competence and/or relevant work experience in one or more relevant work domains at ASML like Development & Engineering or Customer Service is considered a plus.
- Remain persistent: You have a clear picture of the outcome on your my mind. When setbacks occur, you search for opportunities to learn and stay focused to overcome them. You stay on course and you are persistent in achieving goals.You are flexible in ways how to achieve your goal.
- Structure, prioritize, decisiveness: You plan and organize your own work and anticipate on next steps. When you delegate, you make sure to empower those you delegate to. You are transparent in your way of working and ensure that those reporting to you or others work transparently as well. You will support direct reports or colleagues, give them constructive feedback and review their work. You make sure that everybody is familiar with the strategic direction of their work. You ensure that goals and targets are aligned on different levels to go into the same direction.
- Adjust interaction style: You respect and show interest in different cultures by staying curiosity and showing mutual understanding. You do not judge others on their way of working, but adjust your style of interaction in order to work effectively with intercultural teams or people from other cultures. When working abroad you show willingness to use habits of other cultures.
Context of the position
The Customer Support Project Leader (CS PL) for Control Software is part of the of the Software Rollout and Performance team. She/ he takes care of validating quality and rolling out solutions for multiple Patterning Control software releases (LIS server, setup, analytics, LDP and OTAS) to our customers in the field. You will work for the CS Applications representative in LIS product team and report to the group lead of the Metrology Patterning and Control CS and PL and Engineering team.
Please include CV and motivation letter for this vacancy.