30+ days ago - req12971
Sr Field Application Engineer
Sales & marketing
Computer science & software engineering
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Sales & marketing
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering, Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
As a Sr. Field Application Engineer, your mission is leading the technology development and adoption at customer side, in computational lithography based products, for which you need to work closely with customer team on a regular basis. You will also need to work with internal R&D team, product engineering team, sales and marketing team to define the technical gap and leading the solution roadmap for n-1 / n-2 node. Majority technical expertise are Imaging optimization, optical/resist/etch modeling and OPC, regular programming/scripting work under Unix/Linux environment is needed.
Technical expert of Application Support team:
- Technology excellence - familiar with leading edge technique of lithography/computational lithography, distribute the knowledge within Application community
- Customer engagement - Engage with customer recipe team on a regular basis, collaborate with ASML product engineering team and R&D team, Sales and Marketing team to define the solution roadmap to drive semiconductor technology
- First line support - Leading rapid-paced development, critical escalation and be able to manage senior leaders and ASML internal support teams.
- Provide solutions - Able to educate customer with ASML new technologies, create creative approach when facing challenges, be enthusiasm to explore the unknown area in new technology
- Customer management - Systematic thinking, able to deliver clear and organized communications and able to set correct customer expectations
- Business development - support to identify improvement potentials of ASML products to benefit our customer
PhD or Master's Degreein physics, optical science/engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, electrical engineering, materials science or mathematics.
7 or more years of experience in the semiconductor industry, preferably lithography, metrology or process integration
5 or more years of experience in any of the programming languages such as C/C++/Python/Perl/Shell Scripting/Lua
Project management experience is preferred
- Strong technical background, drive towards collaboration and solutions
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Take ownership and accountability to achieve proper team output
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer