30+ days ago - req13074
Architect in Manufacturing and Service Tooling
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Do you have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Architect role and a Master or PhD in Mechanical Engineering?
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering disciplines?
Do you want to work within a dedicated team to achieve technical breakthroughs? Do you have interest in a being a part of a high-qualified international oriented family? Are you in for developing your personal skills by being pro-active and inquisitive?
Are you able to translate functional specs into hardware concepts? Are you familiar with manufacturing and service flows and can you determine efficient tooling concepts?
If so, then the job of Architect Mechatronics / Mechanical at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Your mission as an ASML Mechanical Architect is to think – conceptually and creatively.
Because we need people who can translate extremely exotic requirements into extremely feasible mechanical designs.
Creative thinking has always been essential at ASML. We make machines that are almost unimaginably complex, and work within incredibly minute tolerances. What’s more, their complexity is increasing and their tolerance margins are vanishing. That’s why we need Mechanical Architects who can conceive a globalview that answers all of these technical challenges. A view that, when detailed-out, will help realize a machine that meets all of the next wave of new requirements - and still be feasible to manufacture, transport, install and service.
The core mission of this job is to deliver mechanical/mechatronic architecture that enables the optimal functionality and cost effective engineering of new tooling.
- Creation and investigation of mechanics/mechatronics concept design for tooling. Discuss with projects and sectors. Come up with well-considered choices, validated against system requirements.
- Investigate manufacturability and serviceability. Creation of manufacturing and service flow leading to tooling concept. Validate with RAMS specifications.
- Validate concept on requirements regarding transportability and service at customer site.
- Definition of tooling volumes. Monitor that projects stay within agreed volumes. Make use of your creativity and helicopter view to find solutions in case of conflicts.
- Knowledge transfer to production and other relevant groups.
- Contribute to system roadmaps.
- Coaching and training on the job of mechanical/mechatronics engineers in the team.
- Ensure proper competence management within the group, teaming up with the mechatronics competence within the department Development & Engineering.
Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in creating new machine concepts or large complex modules.
- Covering all aspects like layout, manufacturability, serviceability, transportability, install, performance, etc...
- Familiar with FEM and related development tools.
- Basic knowledge of thermal management, flow control and static design is a pre.
- Familiar with NX (or other 3D design tool).
- Technical leadership. Sets out direction for technical project teams.
- Abstract thinking, out-of-the box thinking.
- Helicopter view.
- Effective communication with all levels and disciplines.
- Clear and structured way of reporting.
- Build and maintain networks throughout the organization and with suppliers.
- Able to challenge others, to come up with even better ideas.
The Architect reports to the group leader Manufacturing & Service Tooling and is operational within multidisciplinary, cross-sectorial projects.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.
You may also attach a portfolio.