27 days ago - req13020
CS - DUV Global Support Center Engineer (Metrology & Sensor) - Linkou
In a nutshell
No experience (Student)
ASML is a high-tech fast growing Dutch company head-quartered near Eindhoven with local offices at our customers worldwide (e.g. Intel, IBM, Samsung) As market leader in the semiconductor industry ASML designs and manufactures complex lithographic systems. The customer service division consists of local offices at every customer site and a team of experts to support these local teams when complex technical problems are encountered.
ASML produces high tech and high value tools. Downtime of these tools is very expensive for our customers. ASML Customer Support organization is responsible for the repair of the systems as soon as possible. As expert it is your mission to be the linking pin between problems seen at high tech customers and the solution.
A role as Global Support Center (GSC) Engineer at ASML consists of a diversity of tasks and responsibilities:
- Solving complex technical problems together with the local team most of the time remote, often on-site. (up to 30% of your time)
- A continuous drive to stay updated and informed on new technologies, functionalities and products. Being eager to learn and absorb this knowledge are very valuable.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise amongst colleagues within the GSC and with local engineers to increase the efficiency of our customer service. Travelling on-site when new system types are introduced to customers is an example of this aspect.
The diversity of technical problems encountered in the “Metrology and Sensors” team requires a broad knowledge level. This makes that a GSC metrology engineer grows very valuable general system knowledge. For this reason a job within this team is an excellent starting function for a career in a high tech environment. Growth possibilities in both technical and managerial directions can be thought of.
Metrology and Sensors
Metrology as the science of measurement is very diverse. Within the context of ASML, the general purpose of Metrology is to provide models, functions, control loops and system software to be able to determine set points for all relevant subsystems to ensure nanometer accuracy during exposures.
Master degree in technical science (Physics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Chemistry, Aerospace Engineering, Process technology, etc.) or equivalent experience is desired.
Knowledge of ASML equipment on a specialized technical level is a preferred.
- “Get things done” mentality
- Pro-active attitude
- Strong analytical skills
- Interpersonal abilities (Can relate well to others, both colleagues and customers)
- Effective communicator in English (both oral and written)
- Flexible in working hours, travel and work environments
- Team player
- Stress resistant