4 days ago - req13079
Precision mechatronics engineer
In a nutshell
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical capabilities to provide innovative solutions? Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines makes you feel responsible and proud? Then this might be the right opportunity for you.
As a mechatronics engineer you will be contributing to the development of actuators or other components of the optical column. The optical sensors are used in a control loop as part of control systems for mechatronic devices. You will influence the design of modules and the performance levels of the lenses. Your expertise combined with strong analytical skills and a creative problem solving mindset will generate new ideas for mechatronics systems or give install based support.
ASML DUV (Deep Ultra Violet) development and Engineering (D&E) is looking for a talented mechatronics engineers who will contribute to the new product design and field issue resolution for the DUV Optical column (OC). You will work with multidisciplinary teams with mechanical engineers, optical and electronic experts on the next generation optical elements and help solve challenging problems for our chip manufacturing customers. As a mechatronics engineer you'll be responsible for the design of mechatronics systems and to perform and analyze experiments to verify new solution directions.
(Technical) University PhD/Master in mechatronic system design/electrical engineering, electromechanical engineering or similar.
- Relevant 2-5 years of experience is appreciated;
- Broad knowledge of mechatronics system design;
- Fields of experience are control loop shaping, mechatronics, setting up experiments and qualifications;
- Being able to translate insights in advices to customer support and supplier engineers and in proposals for prototype and/or innovative experiments;
- Experienced with Matlab and Finite Element Methods;
- Experience with piezo actuator technology and python knowledge are a plus;
- Experience with FEM analysis is a plus.
- Open to learning techniques outside of the above mentioned fields in the future;
- Good team player. Autonomous while driving to success in a highly skilled team of experts towards a common goal;
- Pragmatic attitude with an analytical view;
- Excellent communication and reporting skills;
- Good knowledge of the English language.
Context of the position
The OC mechatronics group is part of the Development and Engineering Department of ASML. This develops new products to fill in technological gaps in the future roadmap of lithography and the lithography market and helps support costumers with complex field issues. Our focus is on Mechatronics systems that reduce the aberrations in the DUV Lens column using a variety of actuation principles e.g. piezo mechanical systems, pneumatic and thermal actuation. We work in small scrum teams and together deliver end-to-end solutions that are transferred for production to our main (lens) suppliers or directly to the customer.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.