30+ days ago - req13115
Computer Simulation Architect
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
ASML operates in a high demanding, fast moving, dynamic and professional environment. Are you an IT Architect with an affinity for Engineering who can make the difference in driving our Simulation Services to accelerate the development of our Product?
To enable and accelerate ASML product development, Computer Simulation and Model Based Design are becoming critical parts of the business process.
The Engineering IT Architect will be responsible for the vision and roadmap of the global Simulation Service, providing engineers and analysts with state-of-the-art simulation capabilities.
He or she must be able to provide technical leadership to cross functional teams in the design, development and integration of automation solutions into the ASML engineering IT environment. He or she works in close cooperation with other Domain Architects, Subject Matter Experts and Project Leads.
When working as an Engineering IT Architect you will have the opportunity to support multidisciplinary teams in defining improvement proposal and supporting IT architecture:
- Focus on multi-disciplinary Engineering processes.
- Translate Business Process problems into Engineering IT solutions.
- Drive and define IT internal standards and solutions supporting above.
You will be part of the Engineering IT Services (EIS) Hardware team consisting of about 30 people. Starting in this position means that you will be responsible for, but not limited to:-
- Define the vision and roadmap for the global ASML Simulation Service.
- Align with internal and external HPC and cloud providers.
- Identify relevant technologies through market research and involve/drive our Innovation Lab to create added value for ASML.
- Take ownership of requests from engineering, and help to solve these requests. The engineering IT environment is used by more than 8000 Research and Development engineers, world-wide.
- Participate as Architect in D&E related projects, setup Engineering IT requirements, designs and implementations.
- Define solutions and improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users.
- Advice and consultation of infrastructure improvements but not limited to those.
Bachelor level or equivalent in Information Technology.
- 5-7 years of experience as IT Architect.
- Experience with High Performance Computing and Engineering Simulation.
- Broad knowledge of market solutions related to Model Based Design and Simulation, including Cloud.
- Experience with Business Process Analysis, and translating this to IT solutions (Requirements).
- Ability to document, validate, challenge business requirements and translate them into functional IT specifications;
- Ability to document processes (“As Is” & “To Be”) and to assist development of a business case (incl. a breakdown of the IT cost).
- Experience with Architectural frameworks like TOGAF and describing architecture with Archimate.
- Knowledge of Engineering Processes is a pre.
- Technical Leading Skill
- Analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in the English language
- Highly motivated team player
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach, problem solving
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer / user
Context of the position
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT
infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A department within the IT organization is EIS (Engineering IT Services); this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s research and development organization. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services. We also support the IT applications that are used at ASML.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. An assessment will be part of the recruitment process.
We expect that your application is accompanied by a motivation letter indicating why you are interested in this position and why this position is a match with your skills and experience.
What we offer:
13th month payment
8% holiday allowance
40 days paid leave: 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days ( reduction of working hours)
Employee share purchase plan
Collective health insurance plan
Training and development opportunities, including educational assistance through our Global Training and Studies