30+ days ago - req13160
IT Service Manager
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
Continuously tailors the connectivity and compute services to the needs, objective and challenges of the sectors within ASML.Acts as a single point of contact between ASML and supplying parties (ISP/ESP) delivering connectivity and compute services towards internal ASML customers.Acts on both an operational level, ensuring operational stability, and on a tactical level improving the services within the connectivity and compute landscapes.Works with staff to evaluate business requests and new system requirements to identify potential improvements.Develops work estimates and schedules for proposals.Prepares and presents project proposals to management and business teams.Monitors ongoing operations and projects and reports status.Establishes documentation and process standards and assures compliance.
Radford:Directs the planning and coordination of enterprise wide systems (such as Oracle, SAP, Baan, Peoplesoft, etc.) in functional areas including finance, human resources, marketing, etc.Conducts and prepares feasibility studies for new data processing applications or revisions to existing systems.Prepares system development cost estimates, budgets, and schedules.Prepares and presents project proposals to management and user departments.Establishes programming standards and program documentation requirements.Reviews current status of system applications and prepares recommendations for system improvements.Monitors design process and prepares reports on system projects.Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Build and maintain key relationships with internal and external (business) partners.
- Ensure that connectivity and compute services supported by underpinning contracts with external suppliers adhere to agreed SLA’s, are measurable, reported and regularly reviewed.
- Manage and assists the operations teams to ensure systems are available and reliable with any interruptions of service addressed with the appropriate sense of urgency and root causes are identified documented and analyzed to minimize future interruptions.
- Ensuring business continuity and communication towards key stakeholders in case of incidents, problems or changes.
- Advise internal and external partners and provide suggestions for service improvements in the connectivity and compute portfolios.
- Manage the lifecycle and registration of connectivity services and underlying hardware assets.
- Advising projects during the project initiation phase on connectivity services and involvement as consultant through-out the Design and Transition phases. Activities will include the creation and ongoing ownership of the required Service Management deliverables.
- Responsible for local Data Center operations in collaboration with US regional data center support team.
- Works with the operations manager to stay current on the strategies and development of the customers business, and ensures the overall objectives are being met appropriately.
- Provides escalated technical support that requires an on-site presence (server, storage, network or PC equipment failure), including data backup recovery. Coordinates complex software/hardware troubleshooting, patches and re-installations in cooperation with the Global Service Desk and in accordance with established SLAs.
- Builds and maintains strong partnership with business and application owners and other IT managers and directors.Translates business requirements into new or updated connectivity services.Works with management to identify and prioritize support issues and infrastructure projects.Interfaces with business partners to ensure projects have proper impact.
- Works with other IT managers and directors to prioritize projects and schedules to coordinate resources across teams.
- Manages outside vendors to ensure that services meet business needs.
- Ensures team compliance with all corporate and department policies, processes, and controls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and may require an advanced degree (Master's, PhD), in applicable field or equivalent experience. Typically has 12+ years of direct work experience with 5+ years of management experience. Applies broad management and delivers functional expertise/knowledge to less experienced managers and staff members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Experience with IT lifecycle development methodology, project management, and software selection.
- Previous experience in technical leadership preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to present highly complex ideas in a clear manner.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and electronic e-mail systems.
- At least five (5) years working in a supervisory role supporting technology/information systems across major enterprise business systems and customer support service centers on a regional basis.
- Understanding of the functional capabilities and system architecture in the technology and information systems required. Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development and implementation of technology solutions.
- At least three (3) years experience managing medium to large projects with direct responsibility for managing project teams, budget and schedule.
- Experience managing external service providers and SLA/SLO metrics.
- Experience in technology and information systems design and implementation.
- Must be able to work with the business and provide technical direction and evaluate solutions to complex technical problems.
- Cognizant of business system software development practices and techniques. Sufficient familiarity with software development process to manage developer resources effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment
- Strong time management and personal organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Experience with IT lifecycle development methodology, project management process frameworks, and software selection methodologies.
- Strong understanding of Data Center operations and Data Security.
- Strong understanding of IT services delivery processes grounded in standards such as ITIL.
- Strong understanding of best practice controls architectures such as COBIT and compliance with SOX provisions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- Ability to travel at times up to 25% in both U.S. and international locations.
- Ability to obtain a Passport.
- The employee will be expected to provide support outside of regular business hours
- The employee will be expected to use a keyboard for extended periods of time.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.